PO St. Vincent- Masseducation

On 10/17/2017 at 2:17 PM, Kanye West said:

Is anyone bummed that the yellow deluxe from the website comes in this crumpled plastic outer sleeve and the jacket itself is super thin? I don't feel like I got my money's worth at all for the package. 

I finally got my copy of the deluxe version in the mail, and totally agree about the plastic sleeve. Even worse is there’s a big tear on the right side of the plastic sleeve about 2inches from the top, and also the bottom of the sleeve is almost completely torn open. It’s just bad design in my opinion. But hey, we got some buttons and stickers!!!! 

Edited by Metalpug79

1 hour ago, Number11 said:

Yep just saw the unboxing vid. For a deluxe version, this seems extremely cheap. Does the standard version come in a regular jacket?

What type of plastic is it? Please tell me it’s not PVC.

Yes it’s a PVC sleeve... and that poster is what you put the vinyl in along with the booklet.  Then it all sits in the PVC sleeve. The poster’s paper material is as thin as you can imagine..  I wish I just got a regular edition..  I still may actually. I don’t think I want to have to deal with taking out the record and most likely bending/messing up all the thin paper inside. No idea why she ever wrote off on this packaging. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, natenomm said:

Does anyone know if there were tour posters? I arrived a little on the later side for the Milwaukee show and I didn't see any at the merch table. I did see someone walking around with a poster though, but that may have been for the VIP package. 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/st-vincents-theatrical-masseduction-live-show-hit-kings-theatre-pics-review/#photogallery-1=40

This album has grown on me considerably. This is either #1 or 2 for me for this year (flip flopping with Steven Wilson's To The Bone). An utterly sublime record.

I also went to the show when it hit Durham, and holy shit was I blown away. I initially had misgivings when I found out this was a one woman show (I didn't know that when I bought the ticket), as I generally frown upon the use of backing tracks-you can't be a good "live band" if you use backing tracks (as elements of the presentation are definitively and unquestionably not "live"). But 2 songs into the first set it clicked with me that this was not meant to be a conventional "rock show", but rather a performance art piece where the visuals and theatrics-from elaborate choreographed draping, to video projections, right down to what she was wearing, how her makeup was done and eventually undone, and the color choices of her guitars alongside the colors in the lighting-were equally important as the music to the presentation as a whole. Plus, I got to experience her otherworldly guitar stylings in person. I just found the whole thing to be incredible, and I especially enjoyed the reinterpretations of the older material in the 1st set (to fit the Masseduction sonic aesthetic).

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

I saw on the St. Vincent subreddit some record stores have listings for a version of this record coming out next month, along with some new ebay listings as well. A few of the record stores have it listed an acoustic version, which would be amazing.

Anyone else hear about this?

Based on this article from last year it sounds like its legit & probably is an acoustic version

https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/xwgqvk/there-are-probably-two-versions-of-st-vincents-new-album-masseduction