PO Now: The Used - The Canyon 10/27

1 hour ago, tug said:

its the used,  everything they do is perfect so that is not a possible option.

Tug, you're not understanding what I'm asking. Imagine for just one moment you're about to hear the album for the very first time and you keep telling yourself over and over again "The Used are perfect, The Used are perfect..." Imagine you get halfway through the album and its not perfect. Just try imagining that for a brief moment. (this isnt real, just a pretend exercise, Bert stopped reading this thread long ago).  What do you do? 

5 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

Somehow I think you’ve got this covered and you may be the only one that actually cares enough for variant information. 

Maybe you should of let someone else with more dedication make the topic. 

5 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

So you basically decided beofre you even heard the record that you are gonna like it, just because it's the used?? 

Yes. 

14 minutes ago, underwaterzoo said:

You honestly care that much?

Yup.  

5 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Tug, you're not understanding what I'm asking. Imagine for just one moment you're about to hear the album for the very first time and you keep telling yourself over and over again "The Used are perfect, The Used are perfect..." Imagine you get halfway through the album and its not perfect. Just try imagining that for a brief moment. (this isnt real, just a pretend exercise, Bert stopped reading this thread long ago).  What do you do? 

I see what you did there. You created that entire big paragraph just to cleverly use the song name "over and over again". It was a lot of work and a bit of a stretch but still a nice touch and I appreciate the effort you went through to do that. 

13 minutes ago, tug said:

Yup.  

I see what you did there. You created that entire big paragraph just to cleverly use the song name "over and over again". It was a lot of work and a bit of a stretch but still a nice touch and I appreciate the effort you went through to do that. 

Tug, I'm worried about you.  

Friendly reminder that Tug is an alternate account of someone with too much time (and too little imagination) on their hands, and should not be taken seriously.  The amount of brain damage required to legitimately uphold his viewpoints would be so severe that it would render it impossible to access a keyboard or utilize the motor skills required to shitpost so frequently.  Please do not take the bait, and always remember that The Used are a fucking awful meme of a band.  That's all.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Friendly reminder that Tug is an alternate account of someone with too much time (and too little imagination) on their hands, and should not be taken seriously.  The amount of brain damage required to legitimately uphold his viewpoints would be so severe that it would render it impossible to access a keyboard or utilize the motor skills required to shitpost so frequently.  Please do not take the bait, and always remember that The Used are a fucking awful meme of a band.  That's all.  Thank you.

Whose the other user?  The one who isn't brain-damaged.

5 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Whose the other user?  The one who isn't brain-damaged.

It's not confirmed but there are some popular theories that have been presented a time or two.  I'm willing to accept them far more than the possibility that someone can be full fledged to issue a 10/10 for a new Used record before even hearing it.

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

It's not confirmed but there are some popular theories that have been presented a time or two.  I'm willing to accept them far more than the possibility that someone can be full fledged to issue a 10/10 for a new Used record before even hearing it.

I dunno though....there was some genuine unironic interest in a recent album by the Bloodhound Gang on this board, so you never know.

I believe in tug. Tug is real, man. He is all of us. Except with a weird obsession with The Used....

Edited by Sidney Crosley

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from merchnow cancelling my order.

"Due to the low number of sales we cancel your colored vinyl order as we won't press it and replace  it with a Classic standard black vinyl.

Sorry for the inconvenience, who does even listen to the used in 2017 anyway?"

Edited by xfactor675

That clip is still way more than anyone should hear from The Used in 2017.

Why does the audience look bored out of their mind and-or forced to be there?

If the song is literally just Bert and an acoustic guitar, why can't he perform it for the audience?

Why does Bert opt to sit like a le quirky XD teenager at the end of the video?

This is going to be hot garbage.  HGOTY 2017.

12 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Just got an email from merchnow cancelling my order.

"Due to the low number of sales we cancel your colored vinyl order as we won't press it and replace  it with a Classic standard black vinyl.

Sorry for the inconvenience, who does even listen to the used in 2017 anyway?"

Hahaa

This thread is starting to annoy me. The whole “The Used sucks!” Thing was fine for a few posts but come on... it’s not like they’re Nickelback. I actually really like the new song and for the first time since Lies for The Liars I’m excited to hear the whole album. I’m also going to see them on Oct 28 with Glassjaw. They’re still so much fun live!

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

This thread is starting to annoy me. The whole “The Used sucks!” Thing was fine for a few posts but come on... it’s not like they’re Nickelback. I actually really like the new song and for the first time since Lies for The Liars I’m excited to hear the whole album. I’m also going to see them on Oct 28 with Glassjaw. They’re still so much fun live!

Nickelback don't deserve their hate either but they're a great meme band to have fun with just like the Used. They have the same function don't be a hypocrite breh.

3 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Glassjaw supporting them is a shame for Daryl and co. Also the used is one of the worst live bands.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, Derek™ said:

Ok you got me.

I am Tug.