PO Now: Grandaddy: Under the Western Freeway - 20th Anniversary Reissue + Bonus Limited Edition Cassette - PREORDER

The first 250 orders will receive an exclusive bonus cassette, titled Practice '97.

This vinyl-only reissue features a gatefold jacket with two pieces of beautiful colored vinyl: one featuring the original record, as it was intended, and the other an eight-song collection of demos from 1997, never before released. The demo LP includes sketches of songs that became fan favorites, like “Bjork ELO Xanadu and the Birth of Chartsengrafs” (which would make its debut on the band's groundbreaking follow-up, the Sophtware Slump) and the fan-favorite “For The Dishwasher.” The deluxe package is complete with a booklet of personal band photographs, flyers from the era, and liner notes by Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals.

LP 1: Under the Western Freeway
01A  Nonphenomenal Lineage
02A  A.M. 180
03A  Collective Dreamwish of Upperclass Elegance
04A  Summer Here Kids
05A  Laughing Stock
06A  Under the Western Freeway
07B  Everything Beautiful Is Far Away
08B  Poisoned at Hartsy Thai Food
09B  Go Progress Chrome
10B  Why Took Your Advice
11B  Lawn & So On

LP 2: Unreleased 1997 demos
01A  Hawaiian Island Wranglers
02A  For the Dishwasher (Slow Demo)
03A  Dying Brains (Early Demo)
04A  Summer Here Kids (Early Demo)
05B  Le symphonique d’HeeHaw
06B  Street Bunny (Fluffy Distortion Demo)
07B  Bjork ELO Xanadu and The Birth of Chartsengrafs
08B  Laughing Stock (Revelation Demo)

///

Grandaddy: Practice '97

Limited, exclusive cassette features eight unreleased recordings from a 1997 Grandaddy band practice. The only thing missing is the beer. Limited to the first 250 orders.

SIDE A:
1. I'm Not Alright
2. Summer Here Kids
3. Taster
4. I'm In Love With No One

SIDE B:
1. Everything Beautiful is Far Away
2. Street Bunny
3. Lawn & So On
4. Levitz

https://store.friendshipfever.com/products/grandaddy-under-the-western-freeway-20th-anniversary-reissue

Edited by audiofocus
More info

43 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

'Heavy Goods' shipping in the US is 12 dollars for some reason, making it 48.99 for one deluxe double LP. Pretty steep. But I don't have this yet and I'd like to get that cassette... 

Click the link I posted above. The same LP with the cassette is $34 with free shipping from Bullmoose.

Sorry. I see now that it says unavailable. :(

Edited by richardsurf

"A.M. 180" is basically one of the greatest indie-rock songs ever.  I'd pick this up at a store, no question.

As for the extras, I'm surprised they went for demos rather than the many b-sides. I really hope that means they might be wanting to collect the b-sides on their own someday cuz otherwise that was a missed opportunity. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, richardsurf said:

I just received my reissue copy today from Bullmoose and they didn't include a cassette. I ordered it early when the cassette was still part of the package, so that's a real bummer.

Anyone who got a tape and is not interested in keeping it, hit me up with your asking price. Big thanks.

I contacted bullmoose about this- they said they will send the cassettes separately

On 12/09/2017 at 9:32 PM, armadillo01 said:

"A.M. 180" is basically one of the greatest indie-rock songs ever.  I'd pick this up at a store, no question.

At my store,  the coloured vinyl (forget which variant, probably whatever's the indie exclusive) was 40 CAD. Not sure if it's worth it despite the heavy vinyl and heavy gatefold doing no favours as far as price is concerned.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, mesi said:

If someone still needs this, vinyl me please are selling copies for $10 with free shipping, even worldwide.

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/store-exclusives/grandaddy-under-the-western-freeway-20th-anniversary-2lp-blue-grey-vinyl-ltd-to-2-000

Easily the best deal I've ever found on here. Free worldwide postage too. Insane. Can't believe they haven't already sold out. 

Thanks so much. 

Edited by thesewoodenideas