Looking for a certain genre

zinnix

16 hours ago, zinnix said:

Thanks! The link was a link to monkeys :D

Bizarre... hopefully you searched for the album, listened to it, enjoyed it, saved a couple hundred bucks, bought it, spun it, and then spun it again. It's been a hell of a week for you, hasn't it?!

How is everyone so helpful? WTF hahaha

If you're open to something that might not sound exactly like what you're describing but likely hits the same emotional cord you're going for check out a lot of the current catalogue from Broken Circles.  In particular I'd suggest the new Body Origami album that was released today:  https://bodyorigami.bandcamp.com/album/bright-and-only-mine

But you could honestly peruse through most anything from the label:  http://music.brokencircles.com/

Off the top of my head other bands you might be into from Broken Circles are Slow and Steady, Triathalon, Pro Teens, Talons', Dreamtigers

1 hour ago, daegor said:

How is everyone so helpful? WTF hahaha

If you're open to something that might not sound exactly like what you're describing but likely hits the same emotional cord you're going for check out a lot of the current catalogue from Broken Circles.  In particular I'd suggest the new Body Origami album that was released today:  https://bodyorigami.bandcamp.com/album/bright-and-only-mine

But you could honestly peruse through most anything from the label:  http://music.brokencircles.com/

Off the top of my head other bands you might be into from Broken Circles are Slow and Steady, Triathalon, Pro Teens, Talons', Dreamtigers

Hehe well some are. Maybe people dosnt see it as a time waste to help a total stranger find some music but I guess thats what the forum is for idk. Gosh m8, Ivadell and Bandit (that have their label contracts with broken circles) are some of my favourite bands. Thx!

Youinreverse, it was nice to revisit sharon van etten, I like a team up she does with the artist "torres" (mcency something) so thanks for that.

Thinking of female singers I like, check out Mikaela Davis on audiotree on youtube.

BTW

I can recommend Tycho( electronic music, they seem to have a background in trance/synth maybe industrial matrix clubmusic kind of stuff) but it's quite mellow, ongoing beats but loads of layering variety, good synth sounds and melody, good balance

I allready mentioned Mogwai - Hardcore will never die - but you will

Ivadell on audiotree on youtube is great. They fit this topic quite good

Infact audiotree(music station youtube channel) all togheter would be of my recommendation to all music lovers on this forum

Has anybody heard some of the new triphop music comming out? It's often with a reapeted anime gif on youtube people can study to, if so what you guys think?

I also like any hip-hop soulhiphoptriphopjazz coming out of Marvels Luke cage on netflix. It's a bit more beaty streety back alley artsy hip hop wich I like

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2017 at 8:14 AM, zinnix said:

Hello! Im looking for a specific style. I want emotional music, that is a bit gloomy but absolutely not too gloomy(I don't want to be drained) and that is a bit "youthfull" if that makes sense. Iv'e been listening to Pedro the lion, especially older. I skip some too slow songs, because I feel drained, I skip some songs because they are to country influated. Emo music is great  and all that but I want something a little more deep and instrumentualy more intellectual. I used to listen to breaking benjamin but I want a little more artsy approach to the instrumentality. Radiohead is great but I want a little more back to school feel. The guitar "chord changes" in some late 90's bands are great but I want a little more depth/intellectual/slightly depressed.

Thank you!

Mineral, Knapsack, God’s Reflex, Carcass, Head, You Blew It!, Manges.