Secret Santa 2K17!!!! ***SIGN UP CLOSED!***

Mine came today! My dumbass immediately assumed it was the new Tyler, The Creator album because there were bees all over the packaging. I was gonna wait till Christmas but oh well, lol. 

Here's my presents:

20171202_163117_zpskq030ecs.jpg?w=480&h=

Marald Van Haasteren - I Would Waste It On You mini-print: Marald does a lot of art for Baroness like those Baroness picture discs. I love art prints and wish I had more so I'm really excited to have received this!

20171202_163218_zps5oqutex2.jpg?w=480&h=

A Perfect Monster sticker pack 3 and some BRLSQ stickers: Baizley is my absolute favorite artist and I don't know how my SS figured that out but I'm extremely happy with the stickers, I also love most things Burlesque of North America does and already have a bunch of stickers from them so I'm happy to add more to the bunch!

20171202_163235_zpsalgwrzkr.jpg?w=480&h=

Harakiri Criterion Collection Blu-Ray: I'm extremely foreign to Criterion Collection so I'm gonna pop this in the PS4 and watch it tonight with my girlfriend. Really appreciate this one though, I'm always open to new things.

20171202_163530_zpsltt70q7z.jpg?w=480&h=

Pokémon cards: Always love getting some, as I recently started collecting again. All of these are either rares or promos, and I don't have the Xerneas promo so I'm happy to add that one to my collection!

20171202_163353_zps7dhynx28.jpg?w=480&h=

Pallbearer - Heartless: An amazing album from an amazing band. I didn't even realize my collection was Pallbearer-less until my SS pointed it out. This album is probably gonna end of on my best of 2017 list alongside the new Elder album. Thank you for getting this album for me, I needed this one in my collection for sure!

I also got a bunch of stickers, including a Rick and Morty get schwitty decal sticker, and some deathwish stickers!

I'm not 100% sure who my Secret Santa is but I'm gonna have to make the educated guess that it was @deadreckoning. I hope I guess that right, lol. Thanks a million for the gifts, they were very thoughtful and I'm gonna get that print framed ASAP.

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Mine came today! My dumbass immediately assumed it was the new Tyler, The Creator album because there were bees all over the packaging. I was gonna wait till Christmas but oh well, lol. 

Here's my presents:

20171202_163117_zpskq030ecs.jpg?w=480&h=

Marald Van Haasteren - I Would Waste It On You mini-print: Marald does a lot of art for Baroness like those Baroness picture discs. I love art prints and wish I had more so I'm really excited to have received this!

20171202_163218_zps5oqutex2.jpg?w=480&h=

A Perfect Monster sticker pack 3 and some BRLSQ stickers: Baizley is my absolute favorite artist and I don't know how my SS figured that out but I'm extremely happy with the stickers, I also love most things Burlesque of North America does and already have a bunch of stickers from them so I'm happy to add more to the bunch!

20171202_163235_zpsalgwrzkr.jpg?w=480&h=

Harakiri Criterion Collection Blu-Ray: I'm extremely foreign to Criterion Collection so I'm gonna pop this in the PS4 and watch it tonight with my girlfriend. Really appreciate this one though, I'm always open to new things.

20171202_163530_zpsltt70q7z.jpg?w=480&h=

Pokémon cards: Always love getting some, as I recently started collecting again. All of these are either rares or promos, and I don't have the Xerneas promo so I'm happy to add that one to my collection!

20171202_163353_zps7dhynx28.jpg?w=480&h=

Pallbearer - Heartless: An amazing album from an amazing band. I didn't even realize my collection was Pallbearer-less until my SS pointed it out. This album is probably gonna end of on my best of 2017 list alongside the new Elder album. Thank you for getting this album for me, I needed this one in my collection for sure!

I also got a bunch of stickers, including a Rick and Morty get schwitty decal sticker, and some deathwish stickers!

I'm not 100% sure who my Secret Santa is but I'm gonna have to make the educated guess that it was @deadreckoning. I hope I guess that right, lol. Thanks a million for the gifts, they were very thoughtful and I'm gonna get that print framed ASAP.

Bingo. I am glad you dig everything. I had a blast putting it together. You're right, the pallbearer record is one of the year's best. It's at the top of my list. I also need to frame that Marald Van Haasteren print. I hope you and your girlfriend enjoy the movie, glad you had a blue-ray player. Happy holidays to you and yours.

If i may ask what gave may identity away? 

5 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

Bingo. I am glad you dig everything. I had a blast putting it together. You're right, the pallbearer record is one of the year's best. It's at the top of my list. I also need to frame that Marald Van Haasteren print. I hope you and your girlfriend enjoy the movie, glad you had a blue-ray player. Happy holidays to you and yours.

It was extremely hard to figure it out, I had to reread all the bios multiple times and you had Baroness, Pallbearer and Hot Water Music (the first song on the mixtape you sent me was HWM) in your faves. What through me off was the Criterion film because someone else in their bio said they were huge fans and then the rebel alliance sticker also through me off because several people said they liked Sar Wars (including you). I'm glad I made the right guess. 

Also I forgot to mention, I'm excited to pop your mixtape you made me in my car. I've never heard almost all of those bands.

13 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

3 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

It was extremely hard to figure it out, I had to reread all the bios multiple times and you had Baroness, Pallbearer and Hot Water Music (the first song on the mixtape you sent me was HWM) in your faves. What through me off was the Criterion film because someone else in their bio said they were huge fans and then the rebel alliance sticker also through me off because several people said they liked Sar Wars (including you). I'm glad I made the right guess. 

Also I forgot to mention, I'm excited to pop your mixtape you made me in my car. I've never heard almost all of those bands.

Excellent deductive reasoning. Also, my screen name is buried in the mix cd, vis-a-vis the small brown bike track. There is some great 90s emo/post hardcore in there, with a bunch of local NJ/Staten Island bands.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:15 PM, scottheisel said:

Just got home from a Christmas party to find my secret Santa gift waiting for me! I tore right into that sucker and it is full of AMAZING stuff. I’ll post photos and more details tomorrow but SS, if you’re reading, you did a killer job!!!

Well?...

TEqv0.gif

I want to see more gifts!

Ha, sorry! Got caught up in work. Here's what was in my secret santa package:

EF0SFc3.jpg

First off, my SS sent me a stack of various download codes and stickers, which will be put to good use. I'm especially stoked on that Tuesday sticker — I love anything Dan Andriano related. (Also, SS, there was a folded up $5 bill in with the download codes — not sure if that was on purpose or not, but thanks regardless!)

QTlFj0Y.jpg

Next, I got an Onyx cassette (perfect for bumping in my old-ass car stereo, which still plays tapes), a dope Jeff Rosenstock slipmat, and the complete Sports Night series on DVD! It's literally one of the best, most underappreciated TV shows of all time, and I can't wait to re-watch it.

EQL907a.jpg

Then I got some cool-looking flexis — I'm not familiar with either band, but I'm guessing they're both on the Oi! spectrum. Looking forward to checking them out!

PQJc5iU.jpg

My SS must've been lurking my Discogs want list, as this is on there — it's a UK-only single by Mates Of State, a band I've loved for a long time, that I've been meaning to pick up for some time but never got around to. Stoked to finally have it!

4LaRGag.jpg

But wait, there's more: My SS threw in three LPs from the Falcon, the Copyrights and Farewell Continental. I'm already familiar with all three bands and happy to add them all to my collection!

Last but not least, my SS  got me a Oneders T-shirt! That Thing You Do! is one of my top movies EVER, and this was totally unexpected and awesome. I'm literally wearing the shirt right now as I type this, so here's a picture of the shirt design:

il_570xN.1245996598_ocfh.jpg

This was an awesome package, and I'm super-appreciative for all the thought that went into it. Based on the clues provided, I'm guessing my Secret Santa is @ozfacter. Am I right?

On 12/13/2017 at 12:08 PM, scottheisel said:

This was an awesome package, and I'm super-appreciative for all the thought that went into it. Based on the clues provided, I'm guessing my Secret Santa is @ozfacter. Am I right?

you are correct sir! the $5 was on purpose because, well,  who doesnt like cash? im really glad you liked everything.

ill post pictures of my gift when i have time, but thanks to @scottheisel i loved what you sent. funny how we had each other.

5 hours ago, ozfacter said:

you are correct sir! the $5 was on purpose because, well,  who doesnt like cash? im really glad you liked everything.

ill post pictures of my gift when i have time, but thanks to @scottheisel i loved what you sent. funny how we had each other.

By the time I realized you had each other, it was too late to reshuffle, so just left it. Glad you both enjoyed being mutual Santa's :)

Also, Farewell Continental is such a criminally underrated band. I love that album so dang much and have given it to a few people as gifts myself because, honestly, everyone should have a copy in their collection  :wub:

On 12/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, ozfacter said:

I’m glad we both liked each other’s gifts otherwise it would’ve been hella awkward, ha!

Soooo, I've received my gift today!

I received a letter from customs last week that I have a package from Canada waiting for me and I was like "WTF did I order in Canada"...normally, you have to pick it up at customs showing them an invoice so they are able to calculate additional taxes & fees....

Well, I arrived at the customs and they asked me for the invoice...told them I don't have one and don't even know what's inside...

And f*cking customs force one to open the package in front of them...Viola! A letter saying that this is my VC SS Gift Package! :)

I wanted to wait until Christmas before opening it and (at least) celebrate it by putting on some music and have a beer with it, but c'est la vie...was happy to at least get mine before the holidays! :)

So, I paid the f*cking taxes and drove home quite excited to see in detail what's inside! :)

Here are pics (took them when I was back home):

Very nice letter from my Santa...after the introduction, I had to go back to my post in here to see if he/she was right :D But yeah, I got the point! HAHA :D

A nice set of stickers from labels I like :) Plus the mix CD in a self-made paper-case.

img_26116xqe6.jpg

You see the tracklist of the mix CD on the previous picture! Have to admit that I don't know any of the bands except for Caspian & Braveyoung! Really curious to check out the stuff, especially the local bands!

The first record I've received is a Intheclouds Lathe Cut which I didn't own!

Fever Basin 7"by Unconditional Arms! Only 35 made! WOW!

I was very disappointed by ITC lathe cuts...the quality was really poor when I received my first ones from the 12 Days of Christmas thingy back in 2013 or 2014 (I guess)...but I heard Dan changed the lathe cut machine and my Santa stated that it was one of his best sounding lathes! Looking forward to hearing it as I never heard any music by this band before! What a fantastic start...

img_2612izqrm.jpg

The first 12" I've found was O'Brother's "The Death of Day" on clear vinyl. I only know the band's name but don't have a clue about the music they make. Just giving it the first spin as I write (first song, Providence)! NICE! Reminds me of Immanu El a little bit! Like it so far! GOOD JOB, SANTA! :)

img_26132dq4m.jpg

The final gift in my package was Nevermen's s/t.

Looking at my collection list, Santa found out that I have a musical crush on Mike Patton! And seriously, I like almost ALL his stuff...Faith No More is one of my all-time favorite bands! Funny enough that I've wanted to pick up this record for such a long time but never did...I somehow forgot that it exists! And I didn't even give it a listen when released! As I know Mike Patton, I'm prepared for ANYTHING! :D But since I always wanted to pick this record up and forgot it, it was the pleasant final surprise of my package!

img_2615cqp2r.jpg

Really have to thank my Santa for this package! As this was my first time participating in the VC SS, this package exceeded all my expecations!

Not only did my SS pay a shitload of money on shipping (almost 40 CAN to get this to me) but did also some very nice and deliberate picking of records! I was really looking forward to receive NEW MUSIC (at least to my ears)! And this was done perfectly! I only heard a single of the Nevermen record before it was released and didn't know any music by any of the other bands! I'm really looking forward to checking out the records in the next weeks!

Thanks @daegor  for your effort and over-the-top-package! Couldn't be happier!

Wish you a fantastic Christmas with your beloved ones and hope the package you received/will received is only half as nice as the one I got!!!

Edited by Sasan
Some pic-URLs expired. Tried to re-link

6 hours ago, Sasan said:

Thanks @daegor  for your effort and over-the-top-package! Couldn't be happier!

Wish you a fantastic Christmas with your beloved ones and hope the package you received/will received is only half as nice as the one I got!!!

Merry Christmas!  Glad you're into it, I really felt like I was pushing the boundaries of your taste, haha.  Really happy to hear that you're into Nevermen, I knew it would make or break the package!

Sorry about the taxes :(  I suppose that's just unavoidable?

2 hours ago, daegor said:

Merry Christmas!  Glad you're into it, I really felt like I was pushing the boundaries of your taste, haha.  Really happy to hear that you're into Nevermen, I knew it would make or break the package!

Sorry about the taxes :(  I suppose that's just unavoidable?

Yeah man, great package! Also liked the O‘brother very much! Looking forward to checking their other stuff. Have to check the other stuff! Thanks again for this great package!

Don‘t worry about the taxes...was only something like 8€! Nevermind! :)

Going to be in So Cal for Christmas so I went ahead and opened up my SS gifts and what a rad Haul!

mFwy4Fz.jpg

Looks like a rad wall sticker map of the world for the new place. Looks pretty sweet.. can't wait to put it up (and to move in)

Note: Mega Man 2 coasters are mine LOL 

F2181O7.jpg

Awesome Haul!! Been wanting that BSF split for a while along with the Puig Destroyer, and Dustin Christmas Record!

Jane Doe Live was a nice addition, haven't head of Joyful Rebellion and the Attack in Black records, so those will be rad to check out. and it's always nice to have another copy of Today's Empires

Unfortunately, I didn't find any notes or anything from my SS with identity hints. I dunno if it dropped out of the package and I accidentally threw it away. I do know that the records came from Canada. Based on what I'm seeing on the Boards, I'm going to guess my dude is @cside

Whoever you are, Thanks!

4 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

Looks like a rad wall sticker map of the world for the new place. Looks pretty sweet.. can't wait to put it up (and to move in)

Is that a map where you scratch off all the countries you've been to? Looks similar to something I once bought for a friend. A really neat idea, if so.

3 hours ago, backpackoat said:

Is that a map where you scratch off all the countries you've been to? Looks similar to something I once bought for a friend. A really neat idea, if so.

Maybe? that would make more sense now that i think about it.. The countries did look like they were a different material than the rest of the paper

Some reason my mind went to wall stickers, the removable kind

Well it seems as though everyone on my team has either received their gift or I am in communication with them and it will be to them shortly. Just a friendly reminder to everyone that once the hectic hollydaze are over in the next couple of days to post a picture with your haul. Can't wait to see what everyone got.

Most importantly, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! to all of you and your families. Thank you to everyone for participating in my favorite time of year on VC

Edited by backpackoat

Gonna be heading out town tomorrow morning, so now is a perfect time to Secret Santa.

First, I would like to thank my SS, who went all out. I am beyond pleased by their efforts.

Let's start with some Star Wars Tiki Mugs with a rad Tiki cocktail book. Some drinks, both flammable and not, shall be had. 

Tiki_2k17_VCSS

To continue with the Star Wars theme we have the Death Troopers book and a herp field guide. I have read most of the cannon books and a goof chunk of the legends material, but i have not read anything in the Death Troopers series. I am excited to crack it open. And we can never have too many field guides. I have the Peterson, but not this Audubon. So I am glad to add it to the collection.

Books_2k17_VCSS

Here are 4 LPs! I do love me some Joy Division. There is the Warsaw boot on white and the Les Bains Douches live 2xLP. Excellent. JD is a band i love that until now had nothing on vinyl. Then there is an American/Japanese HC comp and 1st SSD record. I will play Jolly Old Sant Nick later...

LP_2k17_VCSS

Now on to the 7 inches.... A Pallbearer flexi. Pallbearer are great - Heatless is the best album of 2017. A didn't have this flexi. Now I do! The No Statik "No Hospice" 7" on yellow and a Lee Scratch Perry 7". Excellent.

7in_2k17_VCSS

Plus, there was a crap tons of posters, including a sweet large Coliseum fold-out. 

Using my powers of deductive reasoning, my SS was @roadmonkey! Thanks again. You did a fantastic job. Aces.

Merry Xmas everyone and happy new year. I am not sure what it's like where everyone lives, but Christmas Eve is non-stop fireworks, so i am now going to lay on the couch and comfort my 60lb lapdog...

Edited by deadreckoning
stupid photobucket.

I finally opened my package!

r1L14qu.jpg

Lots of gifts wrapped in Star Wars wrapping paper and a very nice note. 

3L2owO9.jpg

First gift was a Hot Wheels BMW 2002. It's one of my dream cars. I'd love to restore one some day. This is now proudly sitting parked at my desk with a few other cars so I can daydream.

txLhzqJ.jpg

Next is an issue of Iron & Air magazine. Technically, it's a magazine, but it's super nice quality. It's about a half inch thick and bound like a book. I've flipped through it and it looks really cool. I'm excited to dive in more.

Ag2AOo0.jpg

Third present is a little Honda keychain. This is definitely going on my set of motorcycle keys. 

OzurCrK.jpg?1

Next is a couple of Jack White/White Stripes singles. I've got a ton of Third Man stuff, and my Santa managed to find a couple that I didn't already have. Nice!

F3KYreo.jpg

And finally, a tri color copy of Turnover's first album. I asked for some local bands to be included, and this was the one my Santa chose, so they must be from Virginia. I haven't heard this album yet, but I loved Peripheral Vision, so I'm sure this is going to be awesome.

Based on the clues, my Santa has to be Shane. Thanks so much dude, you nailed it with this package. I love it!

• jhulud unpinned this topic