PO: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless and Isn't Anything

there is literally a 0% chance that these won't be available everywhere. i remember when i ordered MBV the night it went up for sale because i was so afraid it would go OOP. i have had so many opportunities to get a copy for like $20 or sometimes less in the last year. if you have patience, you don't have to spend $40 a pop on these.

Edited by jrodan

Just now, jrodan said:

there is literally a 0% chance that these won't be available everywhere state. i remember when i ordered MBV the night it went up for sale because i was so afraid it would go OOP. i have had so many opportunities to get a copy for like $20 or sometimes less in the last year. if you have patience, you don't have to spend $40 a pop on these.

Basically this.  Secondary Amazon sellers and Discogs will eventually have these for way less than cost + $18 shipping.

4 minutes ago, jrodan said:

remember when urban outfitters was selling MBV for $10? still makes me sad to think i could've bought 2 more records for the price difference of what i paid direct from the band and what UO eventually sold it for.

I got my MBV from one of those flash sales (Deepdiscounts?) for like $6, bundled with a bunch of other discounted, new records with cheap shipping.  I doubt I’d get that lucky with these reissues, but yeah.  Good times.  Considering the popularity and demand of Loveless, at the very least, I can’t imagine these will be tough to track down.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I’m sure they will. But I can see them not getting it until March/April. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that too.  The availability on these aren't too concerning to me at all – I plan to wait out a deal even if it takes a bit longer.  I understand that not everyone has the same patience though.

still not in my distro at work today, was doing my weekly order for LP/CDs. I think I'm going to wait until these get into peoples hands, I'd think at least a few shops ordered direct if nothing else and someone will have these for sale stateside, I just didn't want to do what I did for m b v and have had the option to wait 2 weeks and save $15

If they are charging that much for shipping to the US, there's no way this should take 28 days or whatever they claim on their website. Economy shipping for 2 records from the UK should not cost $36 in any universe. They better be using some kind of express/priority delivery.

Edited by tonyfranciosa

• 2 weeks later...

Someone from the UK I follow on IG has had this for at least  a week, and I asked him how this version of Loveless compared to his other vinyl -and he has a decent setup - no answer from him and a bunch of people 'liked' my comment.  It seems many folks are interested in this verdict.

I love this album (and Isn't Anything), but I can wait another 2 years if necessary to get it for a less than current price due to UK shipping. "MBV" just never really clicked, not bad, but I'd have to find a $6 deal like Derek.

I also doubt my current TT/cart/stylus is good enough to detect a difference,  but I might be wrong.   Our ears only know digital/CD.  Planning on a TT upgrade eventually since it seems I am back into vinyl for the long haul.