PO: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless and Isn't Anything

10 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Very annoying to have apparently missed the 4 hour window where I could buy the analog cut of Loveless without jumping through hoops or ordering from overseas. 

if it makes you feel better, the deluxe versions through mbv's site ship from oversees as well even tho the page says us. seems like just the standard editions ship from us.

The NYT interview makes it seem like the EP collection will see a vinyl pressing.

In addition to “m b v,” the band will reissue a series of EPs recorded between 1988 and 1991 as a compilation, along with “Loveless” and the 1988 album “Isn’t Anything,” all on vinyl. And “m b v” will join “Loveless” and “Isn’t Anything” on streaming services and online stores worldwide; the EPs won’t be digitally available in North America, as those rights are held by Warner. Shields said he’d also like to reissue the band’s earliest releases, recorded with the singer David Conway, once they can be properly remastered.

Edited by timsimmons

37 minutes ago, Andrew_VB said:

if it makes you feel better, the deluxe versions through mbv's site ship from oversees as well even tho the page says us. seems like just the standard editions ship from us.

yeah this is so weird to me, $25 to ship the Isn't Anything deluxe but only 8 for the standard :(( gonna force me to go standard

7 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

getting the deluxe edition as well you reckon?

Supposedly. A person on reddit who works at an indie shop said they are placing an order for these including the deluxe. Said they were just notified about these from Domino this morning.  We should know more soon. I'd assume BullMoose's Vinyl twitter page will comment on it today.

Rough Trade US just posted M B V for preorder. Let's hope the other 2 show up soon.

Edited by fish

Weird cause my rep who distributes for Domino said they are only getting m b v for now. I emailed him this morning while mulling over whether to buy them or not. Deluxe Loveless and the bundle sold out so I grabbed a standard Loveless just to be sure. If indie copies of the deluxe end up happening for Loveless, I'll buy that too but I'm not missing out again.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_VB said:

it's still probably gonna be hard to get a loveless deluxe if they're indie exclusive. buying loveless at a record store has never been easy. 

I'm the buyer for a record store so it's in the bag more or less for me if it happens. I would be leery of even setting up a preorder for deluxe Loveless it will be a bloodbath, and an allocation nightmare most likely. I don't want to cancel 100 orders and piss everyone off lol

28 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Guys, US indies are getting these. Don’t agonize over buying from the UK. 

Everyone was also saying US stores were going to get the 2018 presses and that never really happened aside from Amoeba so you can't blame anyone for trying to snatch these up where they can.

Update from reddit person regarding US sales in stores: "I have now been made aware that LOVELESS and ISNT ANYTHING are --NOT-- coming to the USA via Domino. apologies. there was a glitch on their end that showed this."

So currently these need to be ordered from the UK. I'm out. Sticking with my crap red Plain version. Remind me not to complain in 3 years when they are somehow out of print and $250 again on discogs.

Edited by fish

How much are we actually going to notice the sound difference between the dlx loveless and standard. Can't imagine them sounding night and day. I wanted the dlx too, but I'm not wasting money on shipping since they don't want to allow it for US sale. Stupid rights issues.

Edited by phantasmatt

1 minute ago, phantasmatt said:

How much are we actually going to notice the sound difference between the dlx loveless and standard. Can't imagine them sounding night and day.

One is an all analogue cut and the other a highres digital cut. Depending on the system there might be a huge difference in sonics. I’m absolutely sure both will sound very good.