PO: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless and Isn't Anything

3 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

Licensing rights absolutely ruined this reissue, extremely disappointed right now. 

They could have figured something out considering that the non deluxe Loveless ships from the States from MBV's store. I'm sure they could have had some of the deluxe do that as well. Perhaps they will down the road?

4 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

Just picked up Loveless deluxe from Assai, $62 shipped to US 

Today’s my 50th BD, so fuck it....

https://assai.co.uk/products/my-bloody-valentine-loveless-vinyl-lp-deluxe-due-out-21-05-21?_pos=3&_sid=72e6a9e09&_ss=r

Happy birthday. My experiences with Assai have all been great.

1 minute ago, wellnow said:

Happy birthday. My experiences with Assai have all been great.

Thanks! I’ve heard good things about them, no prior dealings with them however. 

12 minutes ago, fish said:

They could have figured something out considering that the non deluxe Loveless ships from the States from MBV's store. I'm sure they could have had some of the deluxe do that as well. Perhaps they will down the road?

Agreed, for as much effort as they put into teasers/advertising it seems like this could have been handled better for Americans. FOMO kicked in though, I didn’t want to feed flippers on Discogs 

21 minutes ago, spoon said:

Picked this up. Thanks for the link! The guitar picks were the cherry on top.

47 minutes ago, spoon said:

ordered! the guitar picks are sweet. the shipping is actually not as bad as I thought compared to shipping from the UK. now I may just get the other two from MBV webstore and cancel the recordstore.co.uk order.

12 minutes ago, wuhanclan said:

ordered! the guitar picks are sweet. the shipping is actually not as bad as I thought compared to shipping from the UK. now I may just get the other two from MBV webstore and cancel the recordstore.co.uk order.

i wouldn't cancel anything if i were you. way too early to tell if all retailers will get what they ordered. 

5 minutes ago, dreamover said:

i wouldn't cancel anything if i were you. way too early to tell if all retailers will get what they ordered. 

very true, as someone mentioned above no MBV rollout is straightforward. either way I'm happy, $110 shipped for the standard bundle or $125 shipped for 2 deluxe and 1 standard (IA). I think that's still a little less than what I would have paid for the 2018 reissues from mbv.org.

5 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

If you had a AAA final retail version of your record on vinyl, why would you press only a partition of your manufactured stock that way and then do a separate master including digital conversion?

Who would ever do this and why?

Has to be the same reason they only pressed a limited amount in 2018. Maybe some weird analog licensing restriction which sounds insane to me 

Just now, Your Ex-Wife said:

Has to be the same reason they only pressed a limited amount in 2018. Maybe some weird analog licensing restriction which sounds insane to me 

Its hard to imagine that there could be separate rights for pressing the same album from the original analog masters versus a digital conversion but record label fuckery goes deep and I suppose they could very well put stipulations on such a thing.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Its hard to imagine that there could be separate rights for pressing the same album from the original analog masters versus a digital conversion but record label fuckery goes deep and I suppose they could very well put stipulations on such a thing.

Could be kinda like people getting around losing the rights to their back catalog by rerecording new versions. The actual analog tape rights could be the reason, so they'd be licensing the deluxe and producing as much of the digital standard version that they want.