PO: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless and Isn't Anything

1 hour ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

@Just Us What’s your setup?

Ortofon Concorde Pro S Cartridge, Technics SL 1210 MK2 Turntable, Yamaha A-S 501 Amplifier, Teufel Ultima 40 Speakers.

I know my cartridge is a weak spot, gonna try to replace it with a better one since forever. But there are always new records to buy. 🤪

1 hour ago, Just Us said:

Ortofon Concorde Pro S Cartridge, Technics SL 1210 MK2 Turntable, Yamaha A-S 501 Amplifier, Teufel Ultima 40 Speakers.

I know my cartridge is a weak spot, gonna try to replace it with a better one since forever. But there are always new records to buy. 🤪

Thanks! Do you think they’re all equally good? Or just okay? I bought the new deluxe and think it’s fantastic. Only have the 2007 Plain to compare though and the new master is an easy winner, of course.  

13 hours ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Thanks. If it isn't happening there yet it's probably too early I guess. Figured people would jump to compare given the OG press love despite not being FULLY ANALOG.

Yeah, there was a lot of talk about wanting to compare, just no comparisons yet. 🤔

20 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Thanks! Do you think they’re all equally good? Or just okay? I bought the new deluxe and think it’s fantastic. Only have the 2007 Plain to compare though and the new master is an easy winner, of course.  

I can't spot any difference between these mentioned vinyl pressings. They are all good in my ears.
As said before only the CD has a significant improved sound on my setup. Still my preffered way to listen to this album.  Maybe it's my ears or I don't know. 🤠

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dhesketh said:

Has anyone that ordered from JB Hi-Fi to the US get theirs yet? 

no, but they finally responded after i used the “contact us” on their website, having sent them several emails and not hearing back. this is what they said:

We can confirm your order was shipped on Wed 19/05/21. 

Your online order has been sent through the regular Post surface mail network without a tracking number. 

For International Orders, please allow up to 8 to 12 weeks

Edited by wuhanclan

On 6/13/2021 at 5:26 AM, wuhanclan said:

no, but they finally responded after i used the “contact us” on their website, having sent them several emails and not hearing back. this is what they said:

We can confirm your order was shipped on Wed 19/05/21. 

Your online order has been sent through the regular Post surface mail network without a tracking number. 

For International Orders, please allow up to 8 to 12 weeks

Hopefully they hand it off to USPS.  I moved last month, so they’ll have my change of address. If not though, may be outta luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I totally forgot about wanting to compare the Loveless pressings. My digital LP finally came, so I compared the Plain, the 2018 MBV AAA pressing and the 2021 Domino digital. 

I did this blind because I thought it would be the most fair. 

To no ones surprise, clearly the Shields cuts are superior to the Plain. Plain sounds very good for being CD  sourced, but you can tell the soundstage wasn’t as robust as it is on the 2018 AAA and the 2021 Digital. The lows also sounded better on the Shields cuts. The Shields cuts were also cut a bit quieter than the Plain, which I don’t mind. 

surprisingly, I could tell very little difference between the 21 digital and the 18 AAA. I have some pretty good gear (VPI HW19 with Grado Gold, Marantz 2270 and some vintage Polk bookshelfs), so maybe with something better or some great cans I could tell them apart. 

I think if you had to settle for the digital pressing, I wouldn’t sweat it unless the knowledge of it not being all analog as well has having a kick ass tip on sleeve is gonna eat at you. If you have a Plain pressing, I think it’s worth the upgrade, even the cheaper digital pressing. 

Edited by timsimmons

• 1 month later...

Post with Australia is messed up at the moment. Our tight lockdowns are causing havoc internally with post, but also with things getting to and from Australia. We are not really letting many/any people into the country, so it means the amount of planes coming here is a fraction of usual. I just had something take 3 months to arrive from the US... but then something arrived in 2 weeks. I can't see the pattern yet why some things are quick and some are taking forever.