PO: My Bloody Valentine - Loveless and Isn't Anything

1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

I think they noticed their mistake. The individual LPs are now 23 Euros and the bundle is 46 Euros. 

They are taking a page from the Solid State/Merchnow playbook.  The only thing making me want to order direct is the bundle of both lps and shirts as the shirts likely won’t be available in the US.

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

My mbv was all beat up and I asked for a replacement. They sent me 3 new jackets, all in perfect condition. 

I’m not sure if they were trying to send the message of “here you go have three you baby” or if they genuinely thought “if we throw 3 into the same box surely one of them won’t get beat up, right?”.

4 hours ago, tonyfranciosa said:

That'll just mean a difference in pricing. If there's a domestic distro coming, it won't be an "import" and cost $40.

Wasn’t MBV around $45 from most stores in the US when it was first made available? The price didn’t really drop until the hype had died down and product started sitting on shelves. 

I was thinking earlier today that if I hadn’t already told my local to order these for me I would buy from the MBV store now. $64 shipped seems like a lot, but if I saw all analog, 180gm, official copies of two of the greatest albums of all time sitting on the shelf in a store for $32 each i’d buy them without thinking twice. 

Figured it was worth mentioning that I did get a partial refund, totally unsolicited.

I ordered the 2 album bundle on Friday at $45 before shipping, and even though the $21 shipping stings a bit, I figured I've spend $33 on single album releases before (similar sentiment to what kannibal expressed above).

On Saturday they issued a refund of $3, bringing the base level cost to $42. I guess this was some sort of compensation for the bundle being higher priced than the two individual albums ordered separately ($22 each IIRC). I know the bundle basically exists to get something of  a "break" on shipping, as I believe it was stated that shipping on  a per record individual basis was more expensive cumulatively than shipping on the bundle.

Still somewhat pricey, but I suppose it was cool of them to take the initiative to incentivize ordering the bundle by making the base per album cost slightly cheaper, even though I never asked them to make this adjustment.

• 1 month later...
On 11.10.2017 at 2:30 PM, DASiano said:

Figured it was worth mentioning that I did get a partial refund, totally unsolicited.

I ordered the 2 album bundle on Friday at $45 before shipping, and even though the $21 shipping stings a bit, I figured I've spend $33 on single album releases before (similar sentiment to what kannibal expressed above).

On Saturday they issued a refund of $3, bringing the base level cost to $42. I guess this was some sort of compensation for the bundle being higher priced than the two individual albums ordered separately ($22 each IIRC). I know the bundle basically exists to get something of  a "break" on shipping, as I believe it was stated that shipping on  a per record individual basis was more expensive cumulatively than shipping on the bundle.

Still somewhat pricey, but I suppose it was cool of them to take the initiative to incentivize ordering the bundle by making the base per album cost slightly cheaper, even though I never asked them to make this adjustment.

I received a 2€ refund today although I never contacted them about it. I ordered the vinyl bundle for 46€ while it dropped to 44€ in the meantime. It's not much but for me the gesture counts they are doing this.

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Do you guys remember how much you paid for bundle shipping?

Looks like they jacked the price up to 36.33 to US. 

The FAQ also say they are only realitor for forseeable future

I regret waiting until now to order!  The international rate is similar for the vinyl bundle and the bundle with both shirts so hopefully the increase is to include tracking/insurance.