PO: INXS - Kick (30th Anniversary)

INXS Store has red and black versions available for pre-order now.

2017 marks a triumvirate of anniversaries for the legendary Australian rock band INXS. It’s now 40 years since they first formed the band; 30 years since Kick made them global superstars; and 20 years since the untimely passing of their iconic frontman and friend Michael Hutchence.

“You can hear this album like you’ve never-before,” says Giles Martin of the new 30th-anniversary Edition of INXS’s seminal sixth album Kick. “You can hear Michael so close to you, you can hear his breath. You feel like you’re in the studio with the band. You have a record that’s 30 years old, but it’s been taken in a completely new direction and you can listen to it in a completely new way and it becomes new again. Great music and great songs, they don’t get old.”

2017 marks a triumvirate of anniversaries for the legendary Australian rock band INXS. It’s now 40 years since they first formed the band; 30 years since Kick made them global superstars; and 20 years since the untimely passing of their iconic frontman and friend Michael Hutchence.

For vinyl enthusiasts, there will be a Half-Speed Remaster of the classic 1987 album cut over two heavyweight, 180g LPs at 45-RPM for supreme fidelity, cut by Abbey Road Studios’ Half-Speed Mastering pioneer, Miles Showell. Includes Download Card & certificate of authentication.

“Classic, fabulous pop songs that jump out of the speakers, now more than ever before!“ Andrew Farriss of INXS says of Kick’s new edition. “The latest INXS vinyl cuts are an outstanding sonic achievement, especially the Kick album. I was truly amazed to hear INXS’ recordings sounding so incredibly fresh, clear and kick-ass, like vinyl on steroids…”

Side A
1 Guns in the Sky  
2 New Sensation  
3 Devil Inside  
Side B
1 Need You Tonight  
2 Mediate  
3 The Loved One  
Side C
1 Wild Life  
2 Never Tear Us Apart  
3 Mystify  
Side D
1 Kick  
2 Calling All Nations  
3 Tiny Daggers

Release date: 11/17

4 hours ago, gracetoo said:

INXS Store has red and black versions available for pre-order now.

“You can hear this album like you’ve never-before,” says Giles Martin of the new 30th-anniversary Edition of INXS’s seminal sixth album Kick. “You can hear Michael so close to you, you can hear his breath. You feel like you’re in the studio with the band. You have a record that’s 30 years old, but it’s been taken in a completely new direction and you can listen to it in a completely new way and it becomes new again. Great music and great songs, they don’t get old.”

For vinyl enthusiasts, there will be a Half-Speed Remaster of the classic 1987 album cut over two heavyweight, 180g LPs at 45-RPM for supreme fidelity, cut by Abbey Road Studios’ Half-Speed Mastering pioneer, Miles Showell. Includes Download Card & certificate of authentication.

“Classic, fabulous pop songs that jump out of the speakers, now more than ever before!“ Andrew Farriss of INXS says of Kick’s new edition. “The latest INXS vinyl cuts are an outstanding sonic achievement, especially the Kick album. I was truly amazed to hear INXS’ recordings sounding so incredibly fresh, clear and kick-ass, like vinyl on steroids…”

Side A
1 Guns in the Sky  
2 New Sensation  
3 Devil Inside  
Side B
1 Need You Tonight  
2 Mediate  
3 The Loved One  
Side C
1 Wild Life  
2 Never Tear Us Apart  
3 Mystify  
Side D
1 Kick  
2 Calling All Nations  
3 Tiny Daggers

Release date: 11/17

Ordered the red! 

12 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

was kind of surprised what originals go for, I mean it's not that crazy but wasn't it like a $5 record at most a couple years ago. Stuck $20 on a clean one at the store recently and it lasted a week at most

I bought my clean OG for $1 at Plan 9 in Charlottesville 10 years ago :lol:

Edited by Plarocks

10 hours ago, glass realms said:

Perfectly happy with the albums box set that came out a few years back. Kick is a great album but it's a damn shame that (for the most part) INXS is defined by Kick and X and only a handful of songs from their earlier albums.

Totally agree!  Man, they have some great records.  Shabooh Shoobah, The Swing, Listen Like Thieves, WTWYA, Full Moon Dirty Hearts, etc...good grief...all of their albums are actually pretty damn solid for the most part.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Pupples said:

Just tried to order Kick & now it's saying The following product(s) are not deliverable to your country

Same here - actually I preordered it a month or so ago, but my card flagged the purchase as fraud overnight when they tried to bill me. 

Tried to order it again, and looks like they aren't shipping these to the US now??