Seriously, has any band gotten as much Record Store Day mileage out of as little recorded material as Big Star? Even the Sex Pistols haven’t had as many demos, live recordings, box sets, etc culled from such little back catalog.

At least the Flaming Lips and Kinks - who seem to release a half dozen records each RSD - have decades worth of recordings laying around. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:28 PM, unknown pleasures said:

Seriously, has any band gotten as much Record Store Day mileage out of as little recorded material as Big Star? Even the Sex Pistols haven’t had as many demos, live recordings, box sets, etc culled from such little back catalog.

At least the Flaming Lips and Kinks - who seem to release a half dozen records each RSD - have decades worth of recordings laying around. 

Big Star is better than all those bands though

38 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Wish they would just do a proper good sounding reissue of #1 record. The Classic records one is OOP and originals are a fortune

The Stax/Concord/Ardent release that is in print now uses the same stampers as the Classic Records one according to the Steve Hoffman Forums. 

Just now, itsgoodtobefree said:

The Stax/Concord/Ardent release that is in print now uses the same stampers as the Classic Records one according to the Steve Hoffman Forums. 

was not aware I hate 4MWB and I have not heard about a quality release in their catalog, maybe ill give it a shot

On Wed Oct 11 2017 at 7:10 PM, warhenrecords said:

I think Colemine, well, Remined Records, is reissuing Gloria Barnes - Uptown.

White whale record for me. I'll be happy with this reissue.

Up on their site to preorder since its unofficial bfrsd- picked up that fat night single too, while i was at it; amazing chicago band and i think thats their only vinyl

https://www.coleminerecords.com/

well looks like mike watt got axed from our list and richard hell he ordered the cd by mistake, so Sundays it is. May get the United States of America and/or Free Design reissue, I have the stereo reissue of USA already, but still may pull the trigger, great 60s album and a psych album with no guitars makes it very unique

Ehh, really not seeing much on this list outside of the repress of Harvest Moon. Outside of the U2 issues, there doesn't look to be that many real must haves.  Well, I'm sure the Dave Matthews will be jacked up, as usual. U2 isn't my thing, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fanboys lining up...

On 11/6/2017 at 10:09 PM, tug said:

The records on the bottom are not being released through the Record Store Day site. I think there's a whole process a label has to go through to get the seal from the organization.