PO Now: A Skylit Drive - "Rise"

I've been waiting for this album to get pressed since the day it came out. And the day is FINALLY HERE!!

White & Blue Splatter /100

Clear & Black Splatter /100

Random Colored Vinyl /100

Unfortunately, they're only available in bundles though. The random color is the cheapest.

*EDIT: The links above are no longer active. Here's the updated page with each listing: https://www.merchbucket.com/collections/a-skylit-drive

Edited by MyckelJay
Added tags.

12 hours ago, pizza face said:

The prices include a shirt and whatever else is bundled with it. Unless you get the random color one it won't have that extra stuff

I feel them though. Even with the random color, they're basically making you pay $7 for a poster in shipping fees. Without the poster, shipping would be around $3.12 via media mail.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2017 at 2:01 AM, FlippingOut said:

Not really? I don’t think they have a vocalist right?

The whole band is kaput.

Singer kept postponing tours to be with his daughter, rest of band got fed up and made an announcement that singer has been kicked out of the band and touring will eventually continue. Singer highjacked social media pages and said he didn't get kicked out or leave and that an official statement was coming soon. A few months go by and he does an IG livestream and basically explained that ASD in no more because of musical differences and that there is bad blood between some members. It's a shame because their latest works are actually really good, but if it's straining on all of them mentally, it's best to put things to an end.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think their label grossly miscalculated the amount of people who listen to A Skylit Drive in 2017 and onward.  Imagine a pressing plant reviewing your order and being like “lol nah”.

I picked up a New copy of Wires from the latest press for like... $11.  Seems like these are in exceedingly low demand.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, Billich0986 said:

I've contacted them a few times about this. The only response I get is "there have been manufacturing delays. would you like a refund, credit to your account, or keep your pre-order?" 

Same here. I message them about every 3.5-4 months asking for an update and it seems they just copy and paste the same reply each time. 

I messaged once through PayPal though and the label owner messaged back saying he'll give a full refund back to my purchase method if I want to. Which I thought was odd because the usual message I get is "As the website states, pre-orders are non-refundable, but we can issue you a store credit if you wish." I'm still waiting it out because I've wanted this on vinyl for like 4 yeas now, but a periodic update would be nice.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, Derek™ said:

I think their label grossly miscalculated the amount of people who listen to A Skylit Drive in 2017 and onward.  Imagine a pressing plant reviewing your order and being like “lol nah”.

Since it's been so long since the pre-oders went up and the records are "made to order," they should just go through with how many copies they have. It's been over a year and they haven't sold 300 yet, so why not just press the 100 or so that have sold and call it a day?

• 4 months later...

Tragic Hero Records announces that they were pressing an Alesana record for the first time with these same specs. So assuming they were using the same plant, I bitched them out over email. I got a reply saying that these (ASD) are FINALLY being manufactured and should ship mid-July. So IF this information is actually correct, we have about another 2 months to wait for these. As if 19 wasn’t enough already. 

• 1 month later...

It took over a year and a half, but these things are finally shipping. They actually look pretty good too. Hopefully they'll sound as good as they look. Probably won't get a shipping notification, but I'd say if anyone ordered one and doesn't get it within 2 weeks, shoot them an email. Then wait a month and shoot them another email when they don't answer your first one.

Also, apparently there are 769 copies of the "random color" available... even though it was supposed to be limited to 100.

EDIT: Also, also, it looks like they updated the package contents to be just the records. So no poster or Deluxe CD as originally promised. I'll update when mine comes to see if the bonuses still come.

EDIT: Also, also, also, I just noticed that the "Clear With Black Splatter" variant is now "Clear With Blue Splatter"

Edited by MyckelJay

8 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

So there are 2 Skylit drive albums I would like to buy from this site . Are you telling me I should not mess with it ?

If you're looking to get Wires you're probably fine. If you're looking to pre-order absolutely anything from them though, I'd pass until it's no longer a pre-order. I pre-ordered this god damned record almost 21 months ago. It was originally supposed to ship in Spring of 2018, then got pushed back to Fall 2018. 
That's fine. I understand manufacturing problems, but not once did they send out an update to people who pre-ordered it. I emailed them every 3 or 4 months for some sort of update and they told me I had 2 options:

1) wait.

2) get a store credit

I said I'd wait because I don't care to have anything else. Another time they told me I could have a full refund to my original payment option, then when I said I'd take that they told me I could only get a store credit. Every time I reached out for an update, I had to email twice because weeks would go by and they'd never reply. I also went to check their Instagram page about a week ago to see if maybe they posted anything about it, since they mentioned the test presses had arrived and they soft blocked me. haha. Now I'm seeing that they changed the item descriptions and quantities a whole year and a half later too. I also ordered another item when I pre-ordered and that item is no longer for sale, so it probably won't come with my package, but I'll post about that if that's the case.

TLDR: I would personally advise against it. But I'm pretty sure that non-pre-order items can be refunded. Just check out with PayPal if it allows you, just to be safe.