PO Now: Prurient - Rainbow Mirror 7xLP

New Prurient 7xLP! Out on 12/1. 

Limited edition of 445

145 on clear with black splatter 

300 on black vinyl 

http://hospitalproductions.net/shop/

“Rainbow Mirror”, which will coincide with the 20 year anniversary of PRURIENT, is a project that is steeped in history and origins, and will be released as a 4xCD and digital through Profound Lore on Dec 1st, with the 7xLP vinyl edition to be released on Hospital Productions.  The cover art for “Rainbow Mirror” is the first PRURIENT collage ever made.

https://www.profoundlorerecords.com/prurient-announces-new-release-rainbow-mirror-alongside-the-limited-cassette-release-buddha-strangled-in-vines-1997-to-coincide-with-20th-anniversary/

Edited by mootloot

Wow, "very first collage" album cover and "first liner notes ever written for a Prurient album". They are really going all out on this release. Now, if they add "the very first time fluorescent pink has been used on the center label" I will lose my mind.;)

This is the album I've been waiting for since 2015.

With its 7 LP length, and only 13 tracks, we're either getting a blank N side, or at least one track is Jungle Is A Shapeshifter-type length tracks.

Also, I'm going to through this out there in hope that the interweb gods hear my prayers, but we vinyl-people aren't getting a pressing of Buddha Strangled In Vines ... maybe that's something that someone at Boomkat can look into *coughcough*

In case anyone missed it, this one track off of Rainbow Mirror. 

I'm usually all over anything from Prurient, associated monikers and Hospital Productions stuff - but this is expensive!

Think I might be reluctant to pay so much for a new release. Might just get the CD (£12.99 for 4xCD) at literally 10% of the price.

(The dumb collector really wants to get the box set though).

Woowee, $150-175. .  I want this, but besides the price tag, getting through a 7xLP would be tough.  My GAS box is 7xLP, but I can only get through an album at a time.

And my girlfriend probably wouldn't ever let me spin this anyway.  Same reason I don't own any other Prurient on vinyl. <_<

20th anniversary show was incredible. Great to see current Hospital acts and not just a homage to history. I was able to snag the "Buhda Strangeled in Vines" tape and the insert has the history of the origin of the label. It also has unreleased tracks from 1997-2004-2017 limited to 175

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/prurient-buddha-strangled-in-vines-1997-cassette#.WgCZZdhOnYW

18 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I would've loved to see that Nothing / Jesu / Prurient collab.

Thanks for the heads up on the tape too!

It was really really good! At first it was hard, for me at least, to hear any of the noise that Dom was doing but after a few songs, first couple with Nothing singing, it turned to Jesu singing and then they all left and Dom got on the mic and destroyed. I'm sure unarting was there recording it so it should be on YouTube soon. I'll post when I find it. I thought it wasn't going to be as good as it was. It's like Dom just always wanted to be in a band hahah. 

I've spent some time scouring the internet for updates, so I suspect I'm merely asking for speculation unless someone has some special knowledge or insight.

(Fernow has almost no internet presence, so there's no where to go to talk about this stuff with other fans.)

The times of the tracks have been released on Boomkat, and I can't tell why we'd need a 7LP set unless we're also receiving the bonus tracks.

1. Barefoot God05:38
  2. Walking On Dehydrated Coral11:12
  3. Midnight Kabar08:50
  4. Chaos-Sex14:39
  5. Falling In The Water15:22
  6. Okinawan Burial Vaults17:45
  7. April Fools Day Aspect Sinister17:33
  8. Cruel Worlds15:20
  9. Naturecum14:27
  10. Blue Kimono Over Corpse15:08
  11. Path Is Short16:00
  12. Buddha Strangled In Vines (Part One)09:56
  13. Buddha Strangled In Vines (Part Two)18:52
  14. Lazarus Flamethrower Sleepwalk10:12
  15. Buddhist State09:23

At these lengths, we could see the first two tracks on side A, while every other track gets it's own side. But if this is so, the album finishes on Side L, making the seventh vinyl unnecessary. So, what gives?

Conversely, it looks like you can buy an MP3 of the album for about £7, which is about $9 American.

6 hours ago, sacred_yes said:

I've spent some time scouring the internet for updates, so I suspect I'm merely asking for speculation unless someone has some special knowledge or insight.

(Fernow has almost no internet presence, so there's no where to go to talk about this stuff with other fans.)

The times of the tracks have been released on Boomkat, and I can't tell why we'd need a 7LP set unless we're also receiving the bonus tracks.

1. Barefoot God05:38
  2. Walking On Dehydrated Coral11:12
  3. Midnight Kabar08:50
  4. Chaos-Sex14:39
  5. Falling In The Water15:22
  6. Okinawan Burial Vaults17:45
  7. April Fools Day Aspect Sinister17:33
  8. Cruel Worlds15:20
  9. Naturecum14:27
  10. Blue Kimono Over Corpse15:08
  11. Path Is Short16:00
  12. Buddha Strangled In Vines (Part One)09:56
  13. Buddha Strangled In Vines (Part Two)18:52
  14. Lazarus Flamethrower Sleepwalk10:12
  15. Buddhist State09:23

At these lengths, we could see the first two tracks on side A, while every other track gets it's own side. But if this is so, the album finishes on Side L, making the seventh vinyl unnecessary. So, what gives?

Conversely, it looks like you can buy an MP3 of the album for about £7, which is about $9 American.

15 songs -1 (first two tracks on side 1) = 14 sides. 2 sides to an album = 7 LPs. Really, really basic math tbh. L is the 12th letter of the alphabet.

LP1 = Sides A/B, LP2 = Sides C/D, LP3 = Sides E/F, LP4 = Sides G/H, LP5 = I/J, LP6 = K/L, LP7 = M/N

Edited by armadillo01

21 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

15 songs -1 (first two tracks on side 1) = 14 sides. 2 sides to an album = 7 LPs. Really, really basic math tbh. L is the 12th letter of the alphabet.

LP1 = Sides A/B, LP2 = Sides C/D, LP3 = Sides E/F, LP4 = Sides G/H, LP5 = I/J, LP6 = K/L, LP7 = M/N

Indeed! Indeed. If those assumptions were true, those numbers would add up.

However, the above provided track listing is for the digital download and CD. It is not the issued vinyl track listing. The vinyl track listing omits the last two bonus tracks, while one source additionally omits the second part of 'Buddha Strangled In Vines,' thus leaving the L-side blank.

Now I did only allude to this in my post, rather than explicitly spelling it out ( "... unless we're also receiving the bonus tracks") so I can see why you'd think I'd be confused.

I'd be quite happy to get those tracks, but it's just that what we've been [told] is that the LP purchasers will not have them.

edit: added [parenthecized] word.

Edited by sacred_yes