PO (Soon): Damien Rice - O

51 minutes ago, niblips said:

Love that album. My wife bought the CD for me when it came out. I had never heard of him but she hear it on internet radio and thought i would like it. She was right. I've listened to this album so many times....

Hope it's not ridiculously expensive when it's released.

I'm guessing same as the last one. What was it, like $40? I remember there being a great amazon pricing error that I took advantage of though.

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'm guessing same as the last one. What was it, like $40? I remember there being a great amazon pricing error that I took advantage of though.

Yep I think I got it for like $12 off of an Amazon error.  To be fair though, it was a really nice package.  I've never seen another album with that oddball soft/recycled-feeling material for an outer sleeve.  I liked it a lot.

Sounds like this is mastered for vinyl from the original digital files. It was never recorded to tape, so that's the best we can hope for. Damien mentioned that it's taken so long because of past issues with test pressings, so it sounds like the quality control is going to be there. 

I'm ready to pay any price for this one. 

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, that ruled, but I'd happily drop $40 on this one. I was so bummed when I first realized it wasn't available on vinyl.

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah, that ruled, but I'd happily drop $40 on this one. I was so bummed when I first realized it wasn't available on vinyl.

I'd realistically drop about $20-25 on it. Great album...but I'm sick of this $40+ bullshit.

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd realistically drop about $20-25 on it. Great album...but I'm sick of this $40+ bullshit.

I can only imagine it will be a double,  but if it's just the LP without any bonus tracks and they shove it on 3 sides and put an etching on the 4th side i think i'm out. The last bunch of 3 side LPs i've purchased have all been bowled.  I can only guess, but i think it's something to do with the cooling time and the surface area difference...but i'm not a rocket surgeon.

Edited by niblips
edit

1 hour ago, niblips said:

I can only imagine it will be a double,  but if it's just the LP without any bonus tracks and they shove it on 3 sides and put an etching on the 4th side i think i'm out. The last bunch of 3 side LPs i've purchased have all been bowled.  I can only guess, but i think it's something to do with the cooling time and the surface area difference...but i'm not a rocket surgeon.

$40 is still super steep for a double LP though.

The 45rpm cut 3 LP Peter Gabriel reissues are only $35.