PO (Soon): Damien Rice - O

1 minute ago, ejc625 said:

Who mentions brand new in a Damien Rice thread? 

I'm that weird guy who likes them both, I guess.

But there was a very similar situation when Deja got released after years of being OOP and going for $300. Folks acted like the $25 version wouldn't stay in print forever and lost their minds to get copies right away, and sure enough there WERE lots of stock outages for a spell. 

I'm guessing if you want O in the next few months, it would be better to preorder now. If you don't mind waiting, there should be plenty of stock around come Christmas and probably discounted below $30. That said, MFFF never really came down much in price. The current Amazon price is what it sold for initially.

6 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

I'm that weird guy who likes them both, I guess.

But there was a very similar situation when Deja got released after years of being OOP and going for $300. Folks acted like the $25 version wouldn't stay in print forever and lost their minds to get copies right away, and sure enough there WERE lots of stock outages for a spell. 

I'm guessing if you want O in the next few months, it would be better to preorder now. If you don't mind waiting, there should be plenty of stock around come Christmas and probably discounted below $30. That said, MFFF never really came down much in price. The current Amazon price is what it sold for initially.

Except when it went on sale on Amazon by accident for like $14. Wasn't it one of those records? Pretty sure that's why/when I got it.

16 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

It will be a standard retail version; a lot of shops will get it.  How many they get, though, sounds like a big question mark right now.  I think Bullmoose is just being cautious because they have had to eat humble pie a few times within the past few years and cancel a bunch of orders when they oversell their allocation.

As for pressing, I know the standard MFFF was still 45rpm/180g, but I don't think there was a deluxe of that release.  I would expect all versions of O to be 45rpm/180g given that, but I don't have any confirmation.

Thanks for the info. :)

While both the US and the Euro MFFF were layed out the same, according to Discogs there are two “different” pressings:

Euro and US

There is also a Euro Wooden Box version I have never heard of until now.

I just wonder if the “O” pressings are going to be done at different plants.

4 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Yep same.  That sale was what introduced me to DR.

I've been down with him since this album, but it's the only one I really loved. If I can find newer stuff at a discount I get it, but this album is the jam. I'll still wait it out though, I know it'll drop in price.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage