Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

22 minutes ago, thomasj182 said:

Are we interested in posting our "out of numbers" we get along with what wave we ordered from?

Mine is arriving this afternoon.

Hide contents

I'm sure some people will regardless if everyone is interested, it's an internet forum man, post it if you feel inclined, especially if it's like 69 or 666 or something like that.  Mine is also out for delivery today, looking forward to getting home from work and unboxing it.

34 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Were you able to clean it first? 

Mine arrives today. Will report back with sound quality. 

yeah, I ran all the discs though an RCM.  

besides the sound, everything else looks amazing.

edit: #1749 here, ordered in first wave 

Edited by ethereal

i just got done unboxing both of the copies that showed up today (one was #352 and the other #1907 for those of you that care).  My gf and me literally put in our orders maybe 5 minutes apart so it does seem a bit random as to what number they're giving people regardless of when they had their order in respective to the other people's orders. 

Anyways.... both were packed very well, appropriately sized mailer, inside a bubblewrap "envelope".  Both copies had no obvious signs of being mishandled or otherwise dinged between the production line and my front door.

As for SQ.  I did a side-by-side comparo with the first track on the Fire disc.  Sadly, I do think my CD sounds a little bit better, more clear in the low-end and especially in mid-range.  highs have no discernible difference (at least to my ears...).  the most noticeable thing when comparing is that the volume levels are very different, vinyl is much quieter than the cd, but I believe that's just a difference in format/source of listening.  overall i would say the vinyl is a little less "punchy" than the cd, but it's certainly not enough to make me bummed.  Maybe others won't be so happy about it.  As far as popping sounds on Fire, i didn't hear ANY pops whatsoever and the soundfloor is dead quiet.  No surface noise on mine... yet.

10 minutes ago, rickydenim said:

I just emailed Sandbag and they said they apologise for the delay but they are awaiting stock. I ordered in the first 5mins! Guess I've now been pushed to the 2nd. Fantastic.

Nah, i doubt that man.  I was told the same thing the day before mine shipped out (i was also in the first "wave").  Don't freak out just yet.  I know exactly how you're feeling though.  I'm interested in knowing whether they'd ship yours from the UK or from the US though.  Being in Australia and all.

#737 reporting in. Dropped the needle on Firebreather but I can't bump the whole thing until late tonight at least because I am cramming for exams. Doesn't sound mindblowing but it is for sure acceptable. No damage to report, packaged relatively well. Packaging for the book and stuff it self is really fucking cool. They were manufactured with the 10"s not in the book pages to prevent damage in shipping which was really fucking nice.

Can someone clue me in to why letting everyone know your number is so important? And why a lower number is so desirable? I've literally never seen a numbered record sent out in order either but it's still always such a surprise :rolleyes:

Methinks it's just another collector thing from other hobbies haphazardly applied to make something seem more limited or special by having a specific number instead of just knowing the total.

And technically the 1000th record pressed has a better chance of sounding great than the very first copy. It isn't unheard of to trash a certain number of copies from the beginning of a run.

4 hours ago, rickydenim said:

I just emailed Sandbag and they said they apologise for the delay but they are awaiting stock. I ordered in the first 5mins! Guess I've now been pushed to the 2nd. Fantastic.

people in second wave of ordering have been posting that they are receiving numbered vinyl.

i believe in one instance two people had the same number.... 

Just finished spinning this. Everything is really quiet and well pressed. Love the book set. The mastering on Fire and the louder tracks is kind of underwhelming but at the same time it isn't that amazing on the CD either so this is just about par for the course. Totally listenable though, just not mindblowing like it can be seeing those tracks live.