Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

48 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

i saw in a facebook group that the 2nd batch is not numbered.  so all of you in the 2nd batch are actually so terrible that you don't even get a number.  is anyone super upset by that, like legitimately?

Unless getting a numbered copy means it'll sound better than the unnumbered, then no. 

1 hour ago, thesecrets0308 said:

i saw in a facebook group that the 2nd batch is not numbered.  so all of you in the 2nd batch are actually so terrible that you don't even get a number.  is anyone super upset by that, like legitimately?

uh, wasn't it supposed to be like that since they announced the second batch? how is this a surprise

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

I’ve had a black Beggars & clear w/ red splatter Beggars & both were some of the worst quality records I’ve ever spun imo.

Hmm, I'll have to spin mine again. It wasn't mind blowing by any means but it was totally comparable to the MP3s. Can't imagine the sourcing would be any different between presses though. 

On 3/7/2018 at 3:08 PM, tape said:

uh, wasn't it supposed to be like that since they announced the second batch? how is this a surprise

i haven't really followed anything about it since i had received my first batch copy.  the people in the fb group though seemed very surprised and pissed off about the 2nd batch not being numbered though.  it's a pretty annoying group, i should just leave it.  haha

6 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

i haven't really followed anything about it since i had received my first batch copy.  the people in the fb group though seemed very surprised and pissed off about the 2nd batch not being numbered though.  it's a pretty annoying group, i should just leave it.  haha

You might be annoyed too if you were prepared and purchased in the first minutes of the early release (you were the pig who built his house with bricks) and then found out the "limited edition" item you ordered was doubled in run count, that you would be receiving your item LATER than those who ordered hours after you, AND you would be getting a less rare/special version of the item (you built your house with bricks - other pigs ran in, kicked you out and locked the door behind them).

Edited by My Upvote is A Downvote

6 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

You might be annoyed too if you were prepared and purchased in the first minutes of the early release (you were the pig who built his house with bricks) and then found out the "limited edition" item you ordered was doubled in run count, that you would be receiving your item LATER than those who ordered hours after you, AND you would be getting a less rare/special version of the item (you built your house with bricks - other pigs ran in, kicked you out and locked the door behind them).

i meant mostly that the people in the fb group are annoying in other ways, but ok.  i would have been bothered that i had to wait longer when i had my order in before someone else that ordered hours later but as far as the numbered thing, i couldn't care less.  i know it's important to some people, but not to me.

24 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

i meant mostly that the people in the fb group are annoying in other ways, but ok.  i would have been bothered that i had to wait longer when i had my order in before someone else that ordered hours later but as far as the numbered thing, i couldn't care less.  i know it's important to some people, but not to me.

gotcha - just saying that earlier people here were saying that people "shouldnt care" if they ordered early and are getting copies from the second batch, but thats wrong. They can care if they want, its a matter of principles. Sandbag has none. The people that ordered early were effectively lied to.

Edited by My Upvote is A Downvote

10 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

gotcha - just saying that earlier people here were saying that people "shouldnt care" if they ordered early and are getting copies from the second batch, but thats wrong. They can care if they want, its a matter of principles. Sandbag has none. The people that ordered early were effectively lied to.

i remember specifically saying something about sandbag handling the AI reissue and foretelling that they would somehow screw it up, and they did.  i feel very fortunate that i got my copy in the first batch, if i recall i think my girlfriend shook me awake at around 7:30 or 8am Eastern time telling me that the pre-orders were live early and we needed to put in our orders quick.  i think that was something like 6 or 7 hours after it went live and 4 or 5 hours before it was SUPPOSED to go live.  it is most certainly messed up that people who ordered before other people had to wait (especially if they are someone who does care about getting a numbered copy) and it makes absolutely no sense to me that sandbag couldn't just ship to people in the order that the orders were received and instead do this really sort of bizarre random pecking to determine who would get the first batch copies and who would have to wait for the 2nd batch.  but that's sandbag for you... i first dealt with those people when NIN switched from firebrand to sandbag for their reissues, what a clusterfuck that was... but it's like... what can you do?  they've got you by the balls.  which makes it even more infuriating.

HOLY SHIT, Sandbag came through! I emailed them at the beginning of January because my Water record had a manufacturing flaw. At the time, they offered either a full refund, or I could wait to see if they got extras with the second pressing. I asked to wait for a replacement. Sure enough, I got an email from them last week saying my replacement would be on the way. A new Water disc arrived today. I figured I would never hear back from them, so it was a nice surprise.