Thrice - The Alchemy Index [Reissue]

I apologize if this is the wrong spot for this, but I have both presses of Alchemy Index.  (Original and Repress) I'm selling my entire collection, and I know I will get a horrible offer on this from a record store, so I'd like to offer it to the board first. I know there are people that are still trying to get their hands on these. DM me with any questions or reasonable offers. Both are numbered and mint. Thanks all. 

5 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Yeah crazy how a band’s sound can evolve over time...

arent you glad glad they aren’t releasing the same material over and over again though?

Before you vomit something here please read the og post.

You dont see clear evolution from avenge the dead to digital sea, right?

Im missing the experimental stuff  (which is clearly not present since alchemy index) and not ios part 6...

Edited by xfactor675

21 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Before you vomit something here please read the og post.

You dont see clear evolution from avenge the dead to digital sea, right?

Im missing the experimental stuff  (which is clearly not present since alchemy index) and not ios part 6...

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Verses are interesting and definitely reminiscent of Beggars.  Chorus is pure butt-rock that sounds like it was tailored for a movie trailer.  I feel like their last album was plagued with the same problem.

I feel like they have progressed musically, but the vocals have kind of remained stagnant. The musicianship has always progressed but the singing not so much. 

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Verses are interesting and definitely reminiscent of Beggars.  Chorus is pure butt-rock that sounds like it was tailored for a movie trailer.  I feel like their last album was plagued with the same problem.

this, Thrice is sadly butt-rock for a few albums now.

Also please someone explain me that musical progression. I don't play any instruments, but If I listen to like Beltsville Crucible or of dust and nations and after those the grey, all I can sense is musical regression towards radio rock.

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I can't unhear the buttrock sound now.  thanks.  to be fair though, we ALL know that Dustin can sing.  So we can never say that Thrice has turned into something like Creed or Nickelback, that would be incorrect.  Also, I really don't think the lyrics lack any significant meaning either, as many of the biggest butts of rock have a tendency to lack.  I'm trying to figure out if this new song is about something specific, IE Dustin being at odds with the church, or just a more general kind of thing.  Without a doubt though many of the songs from TBEITBN have a strong "made for radio" sound and also this new song.  All that being said, I still like TBEITBN and the new song.

I loved Beggars and Major/Minor and their progression through that point, but I really disliked TBEITBN. Mostly because of Dustin's vocals, but the entire thing was safe. This is maybe slightly better, but still along the same lines.

Beggars and Major/Minor may have been less aggressive, but they were excellent albums (M/M is my favorite Thrice record, and I got into them with Identity Crisis...). It feels like they're phoning it in now.