PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

3 minutes ago, ghost said:

This VC pressing sounds interesting. Is there a cut-off date for when we can decide to join or not?

no cut-off date but I am working on a PO page with exact inventory and info, which may or may not sell out.

VC will get uncontested access to the page so you should be good.

5 minutes ago, gerrysonford said:

Fuzz Club variant 2 is now sold out. I bought one in the last minute when I got convinced by your praise for them. A bit worried now about the coming avalanche of pressings that I have to keep myself from ordering...

Same!

3 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Man, what if the album sucks?

Yeah, Sketches didn't do it for me, hopefully we get some kind of single to go off of.

1 minute ago, GazHilarant said:

We already have crumbling castle.. it sounds amazing to me, beyond excited for this one. 

Heavenly and Ato have both stated they will be pushing official statements shortly. 

No word from castleface

You're right, I completely forgot about it.  It is pretty good.

16 minutes ago, gerrysonford said:

Fuzz Club variant 2 is now sold out. I bought one in the last minute when I got convinced by your praise for them. A bit worried now about the coming avalanche of pressings that I have to keep myself from ordering...

honestly I wouldn't worry about the other releases..  I bet th "Official VC pressing" and the Fuzz Club / 100 will be the best ones out there!!

:)

6 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Same!

Yeah, Sketches didn't do it for me, hopefully we get some kind of single to go off of.

I'm only half kidding, Gizzard has a good record and I'm confident - even that album cover is somehow extra nice. I'm just saying, this is just a tiny bit of pressure for them, they absolutely created an ultra hype vortex, at least as far as collectors are concerned...

1 hour ago, raanmaarz said:

That Fuzz Club version is going to undoubtedly be beautiful but that's a hefty price tag for something like this, here's another a 'label' with a very cheap option /250 if anyone is so inclined http://needlejuicerecords.com/product/polygondwanalandlp/ 

this is stressful 

Damn $10 for this version?! Nice!!! Can’t beat that! 

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

I had placed a Blood Music order before I passed out but I regret it now haha...

I don't. We're mostly just expressing brand loyalty this time out, like picking a back patch for your jacket. And Blood Music is one of my favorite labels going these days (along with Castle Face and very few others), so I'll be psyched to "wear" their version.

What I'm really waiting on are the crazy versions, like the one that comes spread out over a bunch of different colored, sized and shaped singles. Or the one housed in a pop-up book designed by scarecrowoven (ltd. to 5 hand-signed copies each with silkscreened poster). Or the one that's been taught to a custom-bred parrot.

Edited by conedust
donnie put his penis on the other one

1 minute ago, conedust said:

I don't. We're mostly just expressing brand loyalty this time out, like picking a back patch for your jacket. And Blood Music is one of my favorite labels going these days (along with Castle Face and very few others), so I'll be psyched to "wear" their version. Be nice to have a Castle Face version, too. What I'm waiting on are the crazy versions, like one spread out over a bunch of different colored, sized and shaped singles. Or one housed in a pop-up book designed by scarecrowoven. Or one taught to a custom-bred parrot.

I like BM as a label but because I'm based in the US (maybe you are too, I don't know) I have to deal with paying $30 for a single LP that I can get somewhere else for $14 ppd.

2 minutes ago, conedust said:

I don't. We're mostly just expressing brand loyalty this time out, like picking a back patch for your jacket. And Blood Music is one of my favorite labels going these days (along with Castle Face and very few others), so I'll be psyched to "wear" their version. Be nice to have a Castle Face version, too. What I'm waiting on are the crazy versions, like one spread out over a bunch of different colored, sized and shaped singles. Or one housed in a pop-up book designed by scarecrowoven. Or one taught to a custom-bred parrot.

I am not buying a King Gizzard Zaireeka, nor a 7x7" boxset. Everybody reading this, do not do this.

Crazy how many labels have jumped on this already. Interesting to see all the variants (colors, as is typically the variant), but even more so how the different labels are going to handle artwork and packaging. The cover is the cover, but they're including a bunch of files for designing the back, insides, inner sleeves, A/B labels, etc. so there's a TON of possibilities for these to come out wildly different from one another, aside from vinyl color. 

Holding out on this, personally. Not sure why. In a way I'd like to know more about packaging and make a selection based on that, but with how limited all of these are going to be and how rabid the fanbase is, waiting isn't going to work in my favor.