PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

@ethereal Just received a full refund on the VC pressing. :(

I guess because of international shipping?

But please save this copy for me - if international shipping will turn out as too much trouble, I might be able to have it shipped to a friend in the US...

Shall I place a new order or what would be the best way to proceed?

10 minutes ago, phramenma said:

@ethereal Just received a full refund on the VC pressing. :(

I guess because of international shipping?

But please save this copy for me - if international shipping will turn out as too much trouble, I might be able to have it shipped to a friend in the US...

Shall I place a new order or what would be the best way to proceed?

I went ahead and updated the international shipping price, feel free to re-place your order.  just wanted to make sure everyone received the difference in price.  there are still a few copies left so you should be good.  Thanks again!

edit: I think I got all the international buyers but if I missed anyone that still needs a refund to get the price difference, please shoot me a message and i'll get you sorted.

Edited by ethereal

7 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I went ahead and updated the international shipping price, feel free to re-place your order.  just wanted to make sure everyone received the difference in price.  there are still a few copies left so you should be good.  Thanks again!

edit: I think I got all the international buyers but if I missed anyone that still needs a refund to get the price difference, please shoot me a message and i'll get you sorted.

Thanks for the heads up - order re-placed. :)

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

FYI the other "wax mage" version people posted... 99% that isn't wax mage. The way they described the colors just seems like a hand pour from gotta groove, and WM only does max 25 records each. Misleading.

Yeah I also posted about the same thing in this thread.  I'm pretty sure it is not wax mage, and although the guys came on a facebook group  to explain why it showed the digital album for sale ,when asked about wax mage there was no response.   Wax mage replied to requests to press from someone i know ,stating that  due to copyright issues in the states they would not be able to proceed, and although they were aware of the situation they would not press this album on facebook posts alone, that this would not cut it legally in the states.  So unless the band also give some documentation that they would require then they wouldn't be ableto go ahead.  I mean hopefully they will be able to sort it out, but the kickstarter wax mage is not 100% guaranteed either, and I have an email response confirming this, which i must actually reply to.

17 minutes ago, AlexTheKid said:

Yeah I also posted about the same thing in this thread.  I'm pretty sure it is not wax mage, and although the guys came on a facebook group  to explain why it showed the digital album for sale ,when asked about wax mage there was no response.   Wax mage replied to requests to press from someone i know ,stating that  due to copyright issues in the states they would not be able to proceed, and although they were aware of the situation they would not press this album on facebook posts alone, that this would not cut it legally in the states.  So unless the band also give some documentation that they would require then they wouldn't be ableto go ahead.  I mean hopefully they will be able to sort it out, but the kickstarter wax mage is not 100% guaranteed either, and I have an email response confirming this, which i must actually reply to.

Isn’t it on the customer ordering records to agree that they have the permission to press? 

Does that also mean the GG won’t press this album?

Edited by Dr.SteveZissou

16 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

Isn’t it on the customer ordering records to agree that they have the permission to press? 

Does that also mean the GG won’t press this album?

They said'' I know the situation with this band, but unfortunately, since they are not based in the US, the facebook (and website ) posts do not pass muster under US Copyright law to allow others to reproduce their record.  Now if they provide some other sort of license down the road (creative commons etc) then this stumbling block might be a non issue.''

Response from guys at kickstarter was '' I've been in touch with Gotta Groove and Wax Mage on this and feel confident we can move forward. If we cant then there are other plants I work with that will still get it done. If the Super Deluxe variant cant be pressed by Wax Mage then of course refunds will be offered. But there are many other plants that do killer colors and it wont stop us from making a deluxe packaged pressing with tip-on jacket and art booklet, etc. Plenty of other goodness to this release besides the Wax Mage name.

Either way will be sure to keep everyone posted!''

So I would say in the end it should work out ok....but I don't think people should be listing pre orders for things they are not 100% certain of being able to achieve. However that second gold and teal wax mage is almost certainly not wax mage :P