PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, spoon said:

I think the only other album this year with microtonal instruments was Sketches (the track D-Day if I’m recalling correctly). 

MotU credits on the back of the jacket listed the instruments of each band member on the LP down to the brand and model, pretty cool stuff.

Also Shuga have a pressing on clear wax supposedly shipping mid-December 

https://www.shugarecords.com/products/kinggizzardthelizardwizard-polygondwanaland-newvinyl2017shugaexclusiveclearvinylwithglow-in-the-darkslipmatandpostersticker-psychgarageinsanity

The shuga one has a slip Matt and poster, interestingly

38 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Does this mean my order for the Wizard Blob isn't going to materialize then?  What happens if can't be done? Will all the buyers get their money back?

Also, regarding the microtonal instruments used on Gizz's album.....I presume at some point, that there will be a FMB Vol. 2?

I'm really loving this new album..it's superb! Inner cell is a great track! :wub:

We're working on it as we speak. There will be no world where this pressing doesn't materialize and isn't fucking awesome. If there are any changes, backers will know and have the opportunity to alter or remove their pledge if need be. I promise there won't be any drastic scenario though. 

21 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I would like to see what some of those die hard anti-flippers out there think of this release 
whats worse people buying the record from the band and then flipping it for profit or
labels freely taking the record from the band and selling them for a profit?

The band said "We want you to do this"

Pressing an album requires thousands of dollars. Not $20 so you can turn around and sell it for 2-10x that so...uh...not really seeing a point here.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The band said "We want you to do this"

Pressing an album requires thousands of dollars. Not $20 so you can turn around and sell it for 2-10x that so...uh...not really seeing a point here.

I don't see the point of most the things you type either....but thats beside the point.

If you can't see the comparison of people profiting off the band then feel free to keep that narrow view point of the world going....

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

I don't see the point of most the things you type either....but thats beside the point.

If you can't see the comparison of people profiting off the band then feel free to keep that narrow view point of the world going....

Labels profit off of bands. Most of the time because they invest in the band. Either through advertising, funding recording, fronting money, and giving them a percentage. This band said "Fuck it, here's everything. Anyone can sell this." It still requires an investment, it's just that band is foregoing any involvement 

I'm not seeing how that's the same as buying a record for $20 and selling it for $200

6 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Bruce Willis is right though. There is no comparison to labels 'taking' the music (which was freely given) and pressing records and making profit, to flippers. The way things are playing out is almost exactly what King Gizzard wanted - 'giving' the album to the public to do with as they will. I'm also not seeing the connection to flippers. 

And you bet your ass this release will do NOTHING to stop or ward off flippers.

Just now, craigeduk said:

Most of the labels are also doing the releases at cost, or profits to charity & to the band.

Yeah it's not like one dude pressed 200 and is selling them for $100+ each or something.

People are investing their money and selling these at a normal retail price. That's not flipping.

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

Not even half but I get your point.

I dunno. After combing through all the sites I would say at least half are either doing charity, giving some profits to the band themselves or selling at/below cost. Just that first site that was selling copies for 1 euro is gonna supply 2000 people with this way below cost.

2 minutes ago, hsp88 said:

Day 4 bump for Greenway version, on Tuesday the sale will end and the press will go OOP 

http://greenwayrecords.storenvy.com/products/22300512-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-pre-order

Any tease as to how many copies have sold?