PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Which do you guys think has the best standard black version?

Honestly, probably the 2LP 45RPM release via Sofa King Vinyl that is currently being funded via Qrates. 200 need to be sold for the pressing to happen. If you care about the best sound, I'd go for that one. It will be pressed by GZ Media if successful (same plant Blood Music uses, I believe) but cut at 45 RPM for higher fidelity. Plus, the shipping is super cheap if outside the USA.

Edited by deadwax666
typo

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Saw this on VMP.....FB colours vote, you can pick your fav three out of the 17...done mine...some nice designs there, but the first one looks exactly like the Gruesome one, couple of others very similar to other Flightless pressings.

Check them out on  VMP  -

http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/all-things-king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard.4737/page-84

Direct links ;)

HERE are all the nominations: https://imgur.com/a/7TJII#NjgSLQQ 
Vote HERE: https://goo.gl/3Z8cPP

10 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Saw this on VMP.....FB colours vote, you can pick your fav three out of the 17...done mine...some nice designs there, but the first one looks exactly like the Gruesome one, couple of others very similar to other Flightless pressings.

Check them out on  VMP  -

http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/all-things-king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard.4737/page-84

Have to say that most of them are unimpressive

4 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I quite liked number 3, 6, & 12 myself.

Wondering where this Black Friday auction for ethereal's test pressing is happening? Or have I missed it....again!

And still hoping that last liquid filled one from Kanya West's RAINN charity one will materialise too.

We put up 2 test pressings around Midnight EST Black Friday and both sold within 10-15 mins.

im not sure where the auction info was posted but I’ll be sure to let you know if we decide to part ways with any more.

Edited by ethereal

On 11/24/2017 at 7:05 AM, TheDuke said:

Would be nice if folks would be willing to list what Poly orders they gone for...

Fuzz Club - Version 1 (probably shoulda grabbed Version 2 as well, although their pre-order page supplies no information - except a possible cover EDIT: oops I mean back cover probably)

Greenway - Test Press Bundle (if I knew there was gonna be 75 I might have not done this)

Needle Juice - Poly Colour + Cassette

Stolen Body - Tri Colour and Wanaland

RAINN Charity - Wizard Blob (tried very hard to get a wax mage through the shift in pledges but no luck)

Vinyl Collective Variant

Jett Plastic and Nomad Eel "not really wax mage records" variants with inverse art

PIAPTK -  Thirty Six Seconds From Polygondwanaland That Go On Forever 7"

Salty Dog - Lava Lamp

Pocket Cat! - Laserdisc

Same Ghost - Sepia Cover

I don't think I've made any impulse buys since then... I almost did the Milk and Honey. Why did I buy all this?

Edited by HoneyFrosted

I popped my multiple-variant cherry on this one because novelty. And yes, I'll flip them if there's money to be made off them.

PO'd

1. Stolen Body - 1LP Crumbling Castle Edition (out of 250)
  2. Fishbum - 2x one-sided lathe-cut LPs (1 black/1 translucent + zine) (out of 50)
  3. Aural Pleasure Kickstarter - 2xLP 45RPM 50/50 blue/yellow  (out of 390)

and PO SOON (once this BC-exclusive pressing with limited Canada-only copies available for shipping goes up for sale)...

Neptoon - 1LP "A side/B side Opaque Red and Transparent Blue with an Opaque Yellow Splatter" (Not sure if that's meant to be "half/half" or not because otherwise that transparent blue is going to look mighty purple if it's refracting the opaque red vinyl) (not sure how limited)

I'm guessing the 2xlp editions will get the most play from me but I'll start with Aural Pleasure first just in case there's a market for the Fishbum (Same goes for the Neptoon Records version, especially since the label won't sell outside of Canada, making people like me who would flip them the only means of purchase).

The original design was pretty bad and I understand them wanting something original to set them apart from other releases though I can’t help but feel that ANY of the artwork provided by the band / Jason Galea with the vinyl and CD masters would have looked a lot cooler.

I have no plans of purchasing this on picture disc though so if other people can enjoy this then good for them.

12 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Needle juice could've left the skull image..i thought that was okay....it was just the almost cartoonish castle wall extracts taken from the front of the album, that I felt was letting it down. I'm not sure how I feel about these new ones...they aren't Gizzy enough for me.....need more dark greens and reds in them I think!

Just wondering what the 47 buyers that did like the original designs, gonna think be thinking about these new ones! They might all cancel their orders!

I've just checked their stock..and it seems to be working...they've sold another 2 copies today! Hooray! :)

like these a lot better, especially the 3rd & 4th sides

16 hours ago, TheDuke said:

On a side note....When the hell is Homeless gonna be putting up it's feckin' designs?! It's been nearly two weeks now! Same goes for Constant Rotation too. C'mon guys...pull ya socks up, ya slackers!

I fall in this camp too, apologies.

I'm working with local artists on a special screen-printed design and finally met with them last night to iron out details & bat some ideas around. Trying to get together has been like pulling teeth. Artists, lol.

Anyway, I told them I needed an image to share in the next 7-10 days, even if it's just a ballpark rendering of what they are thinking about.

I'm excited though, we came up with some cool packaging ideas, and one of my artists is from Melbourne and knows the Gizz guys a little bit.