PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

5 hours ago, At The Mars Spartamasque said:

Also all limited editions of Murder of the Universe, somehow. 

7 minutes ago, ethereal said:

who cares unless you’re trying to flip it, which it sounds like 

Excuse me? What did I type that makes you think I want to flip it? How about you go fuck yourself with your ignorant assumptions?

I just wanted to know whether Flightless was up-charging on these or not because I think that practice is just as scummy as record-flipping and I don't support labels who think it's their perogative to get in on the speculation game by adjusting prices according to it. Way to lose a sale on your King Gizz pressing, btw, you reactionary jerk.

Easy, @ethereal

@armadillo01The answer to your question is, Flightless is not upcharging - rather, that is typical price for limited Gizzard variants on their site, they aren't gouging over 'found' copies. If you're in the US like me, comes out to something like 55 bucks after intl. shipping. (EDIT: One record + shipping is $63.85 AUD = $48.97 USD according to Google) All three variants are showing on Discogs from US sellers at 60 or under, probably due to each variant being out of 2000 (more variants and less limited on release than most other Gizzard releases) and the general unpopularity of the album. I weighed the pros and cons of buying last night after discovering they were again for sale, not for flipping purposes, but because I never picked up MOTU except for a Vomit Splatter (NOT Vomit Coffin as I learned later) and I wondered if it was worth it to buy a brand new copy shipped overseas rather than a secondhand copy later, because aftermarket Gizzard is always upcharged. It seems MOTU is the exception to this rule. I did not purchase, although I very nearly got a Vomit Coffin, figuring I could resell the less expensive splatter.

This wasn't flipping research, it was making a reasoned choice as to whether it was necessary. I don't like MOTU enough to require a first Flightless pressing. To compare, when they 'found' a box of Brunswick first pressing and said what time they were gonna put em up for sale, I set alarms, I started F5ing the page several minutes before,  and was very very lucky to get one. Because Brunswick is way better, I'd spin it more often, a first pressing is more desired and significantly more expensive on the aftermarket.

Edited by HoneyFrosted
Correction of Flightless price info

6 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Thanks @HoneyFrosted! An detailed and informative reply. My initial suspicion was that they have put tour overstock on sale once they got it back from the band or something. I think I might just splurge on an Altered Beast after all.

Curious if I was remembering right from last night, I went through the checkout process again just to see - it's actually just $49 rather than $55 like I said. If you don't have a copy now it might be worth it, it's pretty much equal to Discogs right now and it would be guaranteed brand new. They've been up for a day already but there's gotta be a finite amount, and once they're gone some flippers will think 'FINALLY' and start charging 150 bucks for 'sold out' fucking MOTU's. I would buy it if I didn't have my non-limited splatter copy already, this is good enough.

That convinced me! I got an Altered Beast edition to expect from the Land Down Undaaah after all B)

EDIT: I don't know if you know, @HoneyFrosted but there's been a bunch of Chad VanGaalen reissues (on coloured wax no less) when he came out with his new album back in the fall (or late summer?)

Edited by armadillo01

12 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

That convinced me! I got an Altered Beast edition to expect from the Land Down Undaaah after all B)

EDIT: I don't know if you know, @HoneyFrosted but there's been a bunch of Chad VanGaalen reissues (on coloured wax no less) when he came out with his new album back in the fall (or late summer?)

I do see Soft Airplane and Infiniheart for sale on his Canadian site - the only release I see on Sub Pop that I want is Infiniheart, Soft Airplane sold out, unfortunately no more Skelliconnection anywhere... Had no idea about this! Which is weird because I must have been one of the first to PO Light Information, I immediately ordered.  Hmm. I find only the Infiniheart reissue has been added to Discogs, leading me to look for the initial announcement, which only really states than Infiniheart got reissued. Are you sure there were a bunch of reissues? All the announcements do continually state that his discography is available AT LONG LAST on Bandcamp, but no mention of the other albums. In any case, using the same technique as before, I could get Soft Airplane and Infiniheart for around $44USD from the canadian site, since Soft Airplane has none for sale on Discogs. That is more appealing to me than, say, MOTU. Just to bring it back around to the topic. Sorry for my blathering, folks.

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

I do see Soft Airplane and Infiniheart for sale on his Canadian site - the only release I see on Sub Pop that I want is Infiniheart, Soft Airplane sold out, unfortunately no more Skelliconnection anywhere... Had no idea about this! Which is weird because I must have been one of the first to PO Light Information, I immediately ordered.  Hmm. I find only the Infiniheart reissue has been added to Discogs, leading me to look for the initial announcement, which only really states than Infiniheart got reissued. Are you sure there were a bunch of reissues? All the announcements do continually state that his discography is available AT LONG LAST on Bandcamp, but no mention of the other albums. In any case, using the same technique as before, I could get Soft Airplane and Infiniheart for around $44USD from the canadian site, since Soft Airplane has none for sale on Discogs. That is more appealing to me than, say, MOTU. Just to bring it back around to the topic. Sorry for my blathering, folks.

Here's the round-up:

https://www.amazon.ca/Infiniheart-Turquoise-Vinyl-Reissue-VanGaalen/dp/B000A2XCT4/

https://www.amazon.ca/Diaper-Island-Marble-Vinyl-Reissue/dp/B004YE6HHS/

https://www.amazon.ca/Shrink-Dust-White-Vinyl-Reissue/dp/B00JZOJJG8/

There may have been a Soft Airplane reissue this year but no Skelliconnection (which is the only one I'm missing outside of Shrink Dust and the new one).

VanGaalen thread-derail over and out!

Something to keep an eye out for all the Gizz variant collectors. As read in the description, these remote-control, fully LED records could possibly be seen on an upcoming Polygondwanaland variant.

https://romanusrecords.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/brother-o-brother-neon-native-led-record-45-pre-order-6-7-weeks

If this goes well we will have some King Gizzard LED records shortly :) Thanks for the support! Watch the video of this in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBPQoyo4lTk&t=118s

Here's an article about the Brother O' Brother pressing

http://teamrock.com/feature/2017-12-14/worlds-first-remote-controlled-vinyl-record-with-flashing-leds-launched

3 minutes ago, freezeflash said:

Something to keep an eye out for all the Gizz variant collectors. As read in the description, these remote-control, fully LED records could possibly be seen on an upcoming Polygondwanaland variant.

https://romanusrecords.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/brother-o-brother-neon-native-led-record-45-pre-order-6-7-weeks

Here's an article about the Brother O' Brother pressing

http://teamrock.com/feature/2017-12-14/worlds-first-remote-controlled-vinyl-record-with-flashing-leds-launched

That would be the coolest, most expensive fire hazard I ever put on a platter