PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

2 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

They are closing pre-orders within a week? 

Well, they technically said that they'd set a number on the pre-order in a week's time. I read that as putting a cap on it then or soon after. I could be wrong but I'm not risking it. The shipping cost is surprisingly cheap to Canada and I'm not risking losing out on this.

Plus Needlejuice can do no wrong IMO (even if it takes forever for their stuff to arrive) and they got back to me super-quick.

Lol I could have just inserted a "this!" meme since I just repeated the previous reply.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

Cool, thanks for the updates. I guess I'll hop on the Needlejuice bandwagon since they're the only other one doing a proper box set at the moment. Their mockups look cool, although not as nice as the Stolen Bodies ones in my opinion. I do like that they have a different color scheme for every individual record though. Never ordered from them before but I trust the opinions of others here.

I do kind of like the cohesive "galaxy" aesthetic of their non-box set live presses but I'll probably have to go for the box set.

But yeah, their first release (which they disrupted their originally planned first release for) was a very nice Poly pressing that was $15 shipped, gatefold, and sounds and looks very nice.

47 minutes ago, obliriovrons said:

I think more specifically they've said they're doing open preorders for at least a week and deciding from there how many copies they'll be pressing total.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

I'll probably go for the Needlejuice live box set. I did confirm it does come in a box, and that's basically what I was waiting for someone to do, and my Needlejuice Poly pressing is one of the best ones.

I did my own Qrates listings with, I think, some fairly tasteful Qrates listings here and here with some nice artwork that I'll probably see if some label wants to maybe use when they inevitably don't reach their goals. I think this gatefold artwork I threw together would look nice! (If it's not kosher to talk about the stuff I made, edit it out or let me know and I'll edit it out.)

I like your Demos Vol 1. and 2. I'm going to pass on the Needlejuice variant so yours seems like a good alternative. And a few dollars cheaper.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Just read on Stolen Body's site, that the Live in Adelaide pressing will now be a triple LP in a triple gate-fold, but still only £14! There's a few copies left, if you haven't jumped on it yet

Have they copped to the rest of the live albums needing to be 2xLP? I do sincerely appreciate both the high quality and low cost of their Gizzards viny (it's practically miraculous) l but I respectfully think they've miscalculated the durations. 

7 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

I like your Demos Vol 1. and 2. I'm going to pass on the Needlejuice variant so yours seems like a good alternative. And a few dollars cheaper.

I honestly haven't been feeling any of the variants for the Demos or the Teenage Gizzard stuff, even from labels I generally like a lot, it's too bad. But my favorite variants are generally just ones that imitate the colors on the cover art.

4 minutes ago, obliriovrons said:

But my favorite variants are generally just ones that imitate the colors on the cover art.

Yeah and I swear the use of colour in a lot of new albums cover art is tied-to vinyl variants because you see album art with a lot of primary colpurs these days and less textures or tertiary colour hues.

I do like variants that clash with the cover art. Like a rainbow splatter effect for an album with b&w art.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

3 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Just realized that unlike the Stolen Bodies set, the Needlejuice one does not contain Teenage Gizzard or the Demos. Just mentioning it in case anybody else didn't notice.

It is worth mentioning, for sure. Though in my case, I actually prefer that it doesn't include them, I really just wanted a nice box set with the live albums together.

11 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Have they copped to the rest of the live albums needing to be 2xLP? I do sincerely appreciate both the high quality and low cost of their Gizzards viny (it's practically miraculous) l but I respectfully think they've miscalculated the durations. 

Their listings have said double lp on them all from the start

Diggers Factory out of France has the single LPs (Demos 1, 2 and Teenage Gizzard) for 5 euro each. All of the live sets are 15...and triple LP. $138 for the lot shipped to the States with tracking and insurance.  All /500 on solid colors. 

https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl-shop?search=King gizzard

Edited by webdoggy

6 hours ago, webdoggy said:

Diggers Factory out of France has the single LPs (Demos 1, 2 and Teenage Gizzard) for 5 euro each. All of the live sets are 15...and triple LP. $138 for the lot shipped to the States with tracking and insurance.  All /500 on solid colors. 

https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl-shop?search=King gizzard

That’s a steal. Might go for these, even if they aren’t exactly the most exciting variants around. 

18 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

That’s a steal. Might go for these, even if they aren’t exactly the most exciting variants around. 

I got a copy of their Polygondwanaland because it was so cheap and had no issues with it. Quality pressings. 

Interestingly enough it was actually more expensive than these at 6 Euro. 

Edited by webdoggy

4 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I've been reading online that there is some issue with the master WAVs for the Teenage Gizzard album, the sound quality for several of songs on the comp not being up to scratch.....something about the original masters are no longer available now? I hope that's not the case.

Really? I'm sorry but to even hear of people moaning comes off as entitled, and the epitome of looking a gift-horse in the mouth.  This is bootleg material; it's not meant to be some pristine remaster job. 

Plus, low quality Mp3 style demos are hugely common for bands in the 2000s and early 2010s. People and their mendaciously overblown expectations.

I'm sure if the band has caught wind of any of this belly-aching, they've probably got the "no good deed goes unpunished" adage at heart. I don't blame them if they do.

11 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Also, folks, can we avoid having THREE people reply to the same comment repeating the same info?

On 12/28/2020 at 5:18 PM, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Lol I could have just inserted a "this!" meme since I just repeated the previous reply.

Why so grumpy? You literally did what you're accusing others of doing.

1 hour ago, pepperonigin said:

Why so grumpy? You literally did what you're accusing others of doing.

I didn't reply to the same comment twice. What are you on about? Is taking a single note -- one not directed at you, no less -- really that triggering for you? Are you actually getting offended on other people's behalf?

And your reply has helped reduce the white-noise, how?

Jesus, folks, none of your are ever being persecuted okay? It's like walking around wounded-pride eggshells around here at the best of times; no need to be so damn defensive.
And since apparently you haven't figured it out, I posted twice because I was replying to Duke's comment about people complaining about the master file fidelity in one post and making a general comment to several people in the other. I'm surprised that needs explaining.

Imagine getting this worked up over a couple of forum posts? You have a lot of anger issues, my friend. I simply asked why you were grumpy. I didn’t imply anything about my own posts, replies, etc. You’re going to have a tough time at life getting this agitated over something so stupid, it’s really not that serious. 

1 hour ago, spoon said:

^ thanks for the heads up, based on their Instagram page they’ve had some great looking variants for other releases so I’m inclined to trust their mock-ups.

Yeah salty dog makes some awesome looking variants. I’ve never bought anything from them, but I’ve seen a lot of their records and they’re rad 

11 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Imagine getting this worked up over a couple of forum posts? You have a lot of anger issues, my friend. I simply asked why you were grumpy. I didn’t imply anything about my own posts, replies, etc. You’re going to have a tough time at life getting this agitated over something so stupid, it’s really not that serious. 

Maybe don't accuse me of bullshit out of nowhere, and then feel entitled to a polite response and have the delusion that you get to judge me? What a toxic person you are, honestly.

Strongly consider not replying: You've added nothing of value to this thread recently.  Practice your haughty authoritarian impulse to judge and lecture at others elsewhere, kiddo.
It's not at all unreasonable to remind folks to read threads before replying,  especially when someone is being corrected twice, and has acknowledged the corrections. It's totally okay to communicate a little frustration along with that request, given that it's usually never a problem. Relax, fragile tea-cup. The world didn't end.