PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

16 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

You should strongly consider some mental help.

You should strongly consider not being such a toxic, egoistic and judgmental POS who white-knights on behalf of others to fulfill your ego and thinks that isn't the very same dEraILinG you think you're fighting some heroic fight against.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

On 1/1/2021 at 3:48 AM, OneThreeOneTwo said:

You should strongly consider not being such a toxic, egoistic and judgmental POS who white-knights on behalf of others to fulfill your ego and thinks that isn't the very same dEraILinG you think you're fighting some heroic fight against.

What a complete and utter cunt you are

Just to put a pin on the "masters issue." 

King Gizz sourced the audio files for their early releases from fans because they didn't have them. The files they redistributed back to us fans in the form of "Teenage Gizzard(first 4 tracks) were lossy transcodes (like shitty mp3s). However, lossless or at least best available files existed from the original release with a noticeable difference in quality. Most of the labels are pressing to vinyl the lossless files that other fans had instead of what was distributed by Gizz.

56 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

Would it be worth waiting for that after knowing of all the different variants available instead?

I guess that depends if you're willing to pay for shipping from Australia. And wait several months for all the editions to be put on-sale by the band, assuming they actually do that rather than sit on that inventory and hope to sell it at shows, maybe waiting until 2022 or even later.

Or buy what you like, especially US-based labels, and get it by the end of January.

Just now, OneThreeOneTwo said:

I guess that depends if you're willing to pay for shipping from Australia. And wait several months for all the editions to be put on-sale by the band, assuming they actually do that rather than sit on that inventory and hope to sell it at shows, maybe waiting until 2022 or even later.

Or buy what you like, especially US-based labels, and get it by the end of January.

My guess is they will have labels send to their closest distributor for their various Gizzverse sites

57 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

True true. I guess it would take a long while for them to have all the versions. I assumed they would have US distributors though, maybe not? There’s just so many different variants that keep popping up, would be cool to see them all before making a purchase in the event a more badass one comes up. 
It was just something I was thinking 

7 hours ago, boombapclap said:

My guess is they will have labels send to their closest distributor for their various Gizzverse sites

I dunno, I have a feeling they want it sent to their new warehouse/studio because they want to actually get to handle & look at the various variants that get made. Like, the Poly project was a fun idea but then they probably got to see a very small number of the actual variants that were made, and this is a way of approaching that. Just one interpretation though.

Needlejuice is having the live stuff remastered for vinyl, so hopefully it sounds good.

2 hours ago, obliriovrons said:

I dunno, I have a feeling they want it sent to their new warehouse/studio because they want to actually get to handle & look at the various variants that get made. Like, the Poly project was a fun idea but then they probably got to see a very small number of the actual variants that were made, and this is a way of approaching that. Just one interpretation though.

Needlejuice is having the live stuff remastered for vinyl, so hopefully it sounds good.

Needle Juice is also pressing all but one live show on 2xLPs. One side on Brussels will be over 26 minutes long, and one side on Paris comes in at over 27 minutes. Only way to achieve those numbers is with compression.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For those that missed it, Fuzz Club has Melbourne '21 up for pre-order: https://fuzzclub.com/collections/all/products/king-gizzard-live-in-melbourne

Also, if you ordered the Paris boxset, there's a pressing issue and they're selling replacement discs for £1: https://fuzzclub.com/collections/all/products/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-live-in-paris-replacement-disc

Did anyone else preorder the jungle swirl or Wax Mage variants of Polygon from Ethereal Groove? I’ve been trying to get in touch with them but it’s been difficult. The last update I got was in May when they told me it got delayed at pressing (which I get) and they think they’ll arrive in 2-4 weeks. 

2 hours ago, wellnow said:

Ethereal Groove sucks. I ordered the Wax Mage of Teenage Gizzard. I emailed them to ask when it would ship and they responded saying that the pressing had been cancelled but didn’t offer to refund me or anything. I had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back. 

Nards. Well, lesson learned. I get the feeling this pressing might have been canceled too. I’ll give them a few more days then I’ll consider filing a claim. 

• 1 year later...

Was digging through the WarHen archives and found (10) leftover, unused, unfolded silk-screened Polygondwanaland jackets from when we did our pressing when this whole thing went down.

These have been stored in a flat filing cabinet for the past several years and are in perfect shape. 12x24" in dimension. 2-Color screen print on heavyweight black French Paper Stock. Printed with Glow Ink! Frame-worthy for sure.

Designed & printed by local Charlottesville, Virginia hero Marie Landragin.

I've put them up for sale in case anyone is interested. $20 shipped. All orders fly next week. Ships in a tube! A couple have already been claimed it appears...  Grab one for yourself or the King Gizzard lover in your life before it's too late!

warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wh023-polygondwanaland

spacer.png