Kanye West

PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

9 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

The Aural Pleasure Records Kickstarter is gonna be tits. 

320 pressed. 2X LP at 45RPM. 

180gram vinyl. “Tastefully applied spot UV gloss” artwork on thick old school tip on style jackets and a full color glow in the dark slipmat.  

All for only $21. 

Well that certainly sounds interesting. Is there a link? 

10 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

The Aural Pleasure Records Kickstarter is gonna be tits. 

320 pressed. 2X LP at 45RPM. 

180gram vinyl. “Tastefully applied spot UV gloss” artwork on thick old school tip on style jackets and a full color glow in the dark slipmat.  

All for only $21. 

Proudly backer #28 on that!  Didn't expect it to annihilate all the stretch goals, at least not as quick as it did.  Pretty damn excited to see the final product.

23 hours ago, Jim Steele said:

Blood Music release looks very nice, cool gatefold & vinyl. Too bad record was shipped inside the printed inner sleeve, split seams on two sides..

Mine also had minor seam splits on a couple, too. I'd forgotten that I got a black copy as well as the coloured variants...the black copy comes shrink wrapped, but the coloured ones are supplied in a poly sleeve.

Nicely sleeve work, and heavy disks.

15 hours ago, bigmanandy said:

Proudly backer #28 on that!  Didn't expect it to annihilate all the stretch goals, at least not as quick as it did.  Pretty damn excited to see the final product.

Odd how some of these kickstarter projects did so well, but others hadn't. The SofaKing project failed...and the Paraplu Records one in Liverpool, doesn't look like it will succeed either. The latter was only looking for £3.5 to complete, but they've not reached half their goal yet & only a couple of days remaining.

Perhaps the market has reached the saturation point?

I am kind of sad I went with the Ogre Blood Splatter or whatever from Stolen Body, the Tri Color looks so much better. 

On a side note I did get the Crane Records Test Pressing in the mail yesterday, I have not had a chance to play it yet, however it looks fantastic for a test pressing. 

On 1/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

Hello, just thought The Duke (and others, maybe) might like to know that Salty Dog (the lava lamp splatter) just put up 3 new variants limited to VERY small quantities.

Venom Strike (green with black and white splatter) /25  $50AUD

Colour Burst: Acid Wash (blue and red, looks like a color-in-color or even a blob type run) /13  $35AUD

Drawn & Quartered (blue and red again, looks like a clean bi-color but it's not just half and half) /7  $35AUD

++australian shipping, obviously.

If any of you held out and still want a color that's close to the cover, these look pretty good, all 180 gram - be aware, I believe the cover is an alternate green to the original art, so any color-matching to the cover is kinda pointless since the cover looks different. Oh well. I have issued a ban on any more Polygondwanaland stuff for myself, so have at it.

might have to jump on that venom strike. liking the variant artwork as well.

5 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Anyone who has received a Stolen Body release did you get an email notification of shipping at all before it turned up? Not received anything yet so not sure if its been sent or not

Hi yes, I got one for the Wanaland edition, but still waiting for a notice for the Crumbling Castle edition.

I'm also still waiting for Piccadilly Records to let me know when their sending me the Bear Tree Beer edition out to me, too.

8 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Hi yes, I got one for the Wanaland edition, but still waiting for a notice for the Crumbling Castle edition.

I'm also still waiting for Piccadilly Records to let me know when their sending me the Bear Tree Beer edition out to me, too.

Thanks, am waiting for the Green Ogre. I got my Piccadilly one over a week ago so I'd drop them a line

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, craigeduk said:

Thanks, am waiting for the Green Ogre. I got my Piccadilly one over a week ago so I'd drop them a line

Just got me email from Stolen Body for the other variant...but nothing from Piccadilly yet, so i'll will do that, if nothing shows up tomorrow.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, ethereal said:

test pressings for the VC variant are currently en route. If you are one of the few who snagged one of the TP’s and would like it shipped before the final album, please shoot me a pm.

thanks! 

Are you still giving one away randomly, Ethereal? I seem to recall you mentioning this..i think!

Edited by TheDuke

hey guys, I’m exploring the possibility of adding a second, wax mage version of 25-30 copies since the original batch is coming from the same plant.

would anybody be interested in something like that? If so, I can post a couple possible variants here and we can discuss further.

thanks!

Just now, ethereal said:

hey guys, I’m exploring the possibility of adding a second, wax mage version of 25-30 copies since the original batch is coming from the same plant.

would anybody be interested in something like that? If so, I can post a couple possible variants here and we can discuss further.

thanks!

Very much in for this

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

thanks!

I'd be in and you could add it to my shipment with your other version. :)