PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

17 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I heard GG owns WM...so I dunno...I thought WM only did the 20-30 copies of anything...but they supposedly did 100 copies of the gold teal splatter edition. The other variant was done by GG themselves apparently...I don't know enough about the company...are these two labels operating under one roof..or separately?

Anyway..I've just seen the time...3am here in Blighty..so i'm off to crash in me crib...ciao.

Wax Mage is run by a couple GG employees who personally do the hand pours and stuff. It started with them just messing around trying to make cool looking vinyl. At first they just sold blank records, then they started doing stuff for local bands. So WM is a label and GG is the plant.

I have the City Cop LP that WM put out and it's gorgeous.

17 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Doesn't Gotta Groove limit any Wax Mage variants to like 30 now? I don't see how they were able to order two pressings of 100 each unless they're very confused and think Gotta Groove is synonymous with WM.

This is correct.

you cannot do any more than 25 copies (around 30 if there’s surplus) for WM per order, and you have to already have a normal non-WM order going through the plant to be able to add on the option.

if you want more than 30 WM copies you have to submit two separate non-wm orders to be eligible.

labels claiming to have a run of more than 60 WM are probably using the name as click-bait for the sales since they are technically coming from Gotta Groove.

AFAIK, WM doesn’t do regular splatter stuff but I could be wrong 

53 minutes ago, ethereal said:

This is correct.

you cannot do any more than 25 copies (around 30 if there’s surplus) for WM per order, and you have to already have a normal non-WM order going through the plant to be able to add on the option.

if you want more than 30 WM copies you have to submit two separate non-wm orders to be eligible.

labels claiming to have a run of more than 60 WM are probably using the name as click-bait for the sales since they are technically coming from Gotta Groove.

AFAIK, WM doesn’t do regular splatter stuff but I could be wrong 

All this aside, GG is a solid plant and those records will sound and look great, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Gruesome Twosome variant arrived today..didn't get any shipping email for it..but glad to get it at long last!

I changed my mind with that Jet Plastic GG/WM variant.....it's just too ugly & I've got enough Poly variants as it is.

Trying to work out how one can upload personal photos up on here...doesn't seem to be anyway of doing it.

hopefully I'll get this in the next few days then!

On 3/27/2018 at 2:16 AM, V3XED said:

Am I just being a hoe-bag, or is that a really ugly looking mock up? Having trouble visualizing the real product for this one.

kUUT9ow.jpg

Turned out way less ugly than I thought. The vinyl's a lot more muted than the mockup which is probably for the best - translucent gold w/ ocean blue splatter is totally fine, cuz that ain't no teal. The cover clearly has teal. But as you can see much more clearly @TheDuke that this is not what is associated with Wax Mage /25 specialty designs.

53 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

@ethereal Since it's numbered, you'd know who bought that one..not a VC member is it?!!!

it’s most definitely a member on here/in this thread, not gonna name names though. at the end of the day, people can do what ever they want with them. I just hope nobody is foolish enough to spend that much...