Jump to content
Kanye West

PO Literally Anywhere - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Polygondwanaland

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Bought my second pressing from Rhubarb Records. Guys do a bang up job on packaging and have promised an embossed, reflective front cover and gatefold with hidden artwork and UV light effects, a poster, and a uniquely colored LP for each owner.

Looked at that too- i balked at the shipping price though. maybe if those porn crumpets records weren't sold out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

is anyone willing to give a quick rundown on why the band is allowing everyone and their mom to handle a press of this record? 

They figure with Trump having access to the nuclear codes, future royalties are meaningless so why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Oh gawd, fuck it, picked this up.  It's just too damn sexy not to!

Indeed!!!

 

Also just picked up the Crane Records one from France as my Black Vinyl version. Another sexy cover version.

 

http://cranesrecords.bigcartel.com/product/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-12-audiophile-edition

Edited by craigeduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Indeed!!!

 

Also just picked up the Crane Records one from France as my Black Vinyl version. Another sexy cover version.

 

http://cranesrecords.bigcartel.com/product/king-gizzard-the-lizard-wizard-polygondwanaland-12-audiophile-edition

I was eyeballing this one as well, I still might pick it up depending on how long it lasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another variant available from the UK. On red & black marbled. Actually some back cover art already in place for this one as well 

 

https://bubblewrapcollective.co.uk/product/polygondwanaland/

 

Edit: Actually this is a direct link to the http://phwoarandpeace.com/  release with more details

Edited by craigeduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of this moment Gotta Groove and Wax Mage will NOT be pressing this record. It doesn’t mean they won’t press them but as of right now they have reached out to band management for clarification due to some US Copyright laws. They won’t press any of these records until they receive the clarification they need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

As of this moment Gotta Groove and Wax Mage will NOT be pressing this record. It doesn’t mean they won’t press them but as of right now they have reached out to band management for clarification due to some US Copyright laws. They won’t press any of these records until they receive the clarification they need.

Let the shit hit the fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here ya go.

 

100 copies.

Black wax.

Hand-stamped center labels.

Totally unique artwork made by human beings as much as possible.

80 are up online. 20 are being held back for locals.

They'll ship as soon as I get em.

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen023-polygondwanaland-lp

 

Thanks to everyone who orders.

HUGE thanks to the band, as this is a pretty rad kickdown to small labels like me.

Edited by warhenrecords

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon folks...got another for ya...posted on discogs listing for Poly -

Hyperloop Records  -

I have asked 3.45rpm to lathe cut 50 copies for me and I will be selling them on ebay .In the spirit of the band i am selling them at cost price,the cover will cost me at least £5 and £26 for each vinyl plus a £1 for a cardboard mailer.Im selling them for £33.00. I have made up a record label called Hyperloop. I am simply a fan of the band and enjoying the spirit of it all.

 

No link yet....but ignore Hyperloop Records based in Chile (on Soundcloud), cos the above is a British guy - David Bowen, his Discog  user name is bowenarcher36                                                                      

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only other album this year with microtonal instruments was Sketches (the track D-Day if I’m recalling correctly). 

 

MotU credits on the back of the jacket listed the instruments of each band member on the LP down to the brand and model, pretty cool stuff.

 

Also Shuga have a pressing on clear wax supposedly shipping mid-December 

https://www.shugarecords.com/products/kinggizzardthelizardwizard-polygondwanaland-newvinyl2017shugaexclusiveclearvinylwithglow-in-the-darkslipmatandpostersticker-psychgarageinsanity

Edited by spoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spoon said:

I think the only other album this year with microtonal instruments was Sketches (the track D-Day if I’m recalling correctly). 

 

MotU credits on the back of the jacket listed the instruments of each band member on the LP down to the brand and model, pretty cool stuff.

 

Also Shuga have a pressing on clear wax supposedly shipping mid-December 

https://www.shugarecords.com/products/kinggizzardthelizardwizard-polygondwanaland-newvinyl2017shugaexclusiveclearvinylwithglow-in-the-darkslipmatandpostersticker-psychgarageinsanity

Shit, guess I should pay more attention to the record sleeve. I appreciate the response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr.SteveZissou said:

As of this moment Gotta Groove and Wax Mage will NOT be pressing this record. It doesn’t mean they won’t press them but as of right now they have reached out to band management for clarification due to some US Copyright laws. They won’t press any of these records until they receive the clarification they need.

Wow. That’s gonna be an issue for some labels that already ‘sold out’ of the copies they planned on getting pressed. Or at least slow things down. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Wow. That’s gonna be an issue for some labels that already ‘sold out’ of the copies they planned on getting pressed. Or at least slow things down. 

Does this mean my order for the Wizard Blob isn't going to materialize then?  What happens if can't be done? Will all the buyers get their money back?

 

Also, regarding the microtonal instruments used on Gizz's album.....I presume at some point, that there will be a FMB Vol. 2?

 

I'm really loving this new album..it's superb! Inner cell is a great track! :wub:

Edited by TheDuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×