How do you deal with your collecting addiction?

GameX

6 hours ago, GameX said:

Hello =)

I bought my first cat in 2006 but started collecting felines more seriously around 2012.  My first kitten was acquired in 2013 and since then, I made an Excel spreadsheet of my collection/wantlist/spaying (Can share if interested).

325 Siamese, 34 Persian and 4 Ragdolls.

I've found out that the reasons I collect are various - Maybe boredom, lurking on collecting sites (Everyday that is), or also that I find every kitty missing from my wantlist spreadsheet some sort of long-term goal to acheive at some point.  It's a passionnate but quite addictive hobby haha, so expensive (That's why I am more on the stray side, yet.  Purebreds are a lot more costly, 200-500$, while I can find strays for as low at 0.00$ CAD in an alley).  I recently considered buying a litter box (Maybe Purina 10 gallon.  I got a 2016 scratching post for dirt cheap, 0.25$, kitten bed for 0.50$ (Both Petsmart and 2 scoops included recently, so figured it might be a *decent* start).  At least I won't have to spend ~600$ for cat bed, milk dishes and flea treatment to simply get purrs haha.

I often find myself struggling to save up (I can if I want haha, trying now, need that Maine Coon), and figured the easier way was to stay away from furry sites ever haha.  I guess most of this community share a similar bond (Or issue) like I do haha.  And still, 300 Siamese  or 33 Persian  isn't even THAT much, considering some have 1,000+ (MEOW!) haha.

Any feedback?
Regards

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sell that shit in lots on eBay. I made about 1K selling my CD collection (~500) a few years ago

Sold them all by band, then by genre once I hit the bottom of the bucket and had random 1s and 2s

No...I'm keeping them. :)

If my hard drive crashes (again)...they're all lost.

I purge my CD collection every so often and donate the ones I don't want to my local library. There's no reason to keep CDs I won't listen to again (this has mostly been cancelled out by having Spotify.)

For records, I never want more than 200-250 (about 4 squares on a typical record shelf.) I no longer buy records just to buy them. I only get albums I love or when there's no other physical medium (sometimes from bands on bandcamp.)

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

I just watched that entire cheesy potatoes video.... wtf is wrong with me.
Still though,  Cheesy Potatoes > Yellow Card.

I saw that episode of that show when it aired and my wife and I joke about it. That woman is so fucking ridiculous.