PO: Brian Fallon, Sleepwalkers

Looks like it's official -- Gaslight are coming out of hiatus this year for more anniversary shows. Seems like they'll be playing 59 Sound all the way through. 

Only confirmed date is, which we already knew, at The Governors Ball...but more dates to be added soon...

http://www.punktastic.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem-resume-activity-and-tease-the-59-sound-tenth-anniversary-shows/

Super curious to see if Gaslight will play any songs from Sleepwalkers at these shows.

Edited by Tamubro

1 hour ago, Tamubro said:

Looks like it's official -- Gaslight are coming out of hiatus this year for more anniversary shows. Seems like they'll playing 59 Sound all the way through. 

Only confirmed date is, what we already knew, at The Governors Ball...but more dates to be added soon...

http://www.punktastic.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem-resume-activity-and-tease-the-59-sound-tenth-anniversary-shows/

Super curious to see if Gaslight will play any songs from Sleepwalkers at these shows.

Of course, I know nothing concrete, but I'd be really surprised if they did any of Brian's solo stuff considering he never plays Gaslight stuff at his solo shows, and they never played Horrible Crowes stuff. It seems that they like to keep the projects separate. Plus, given the nature of these 10 year anniversary shows, I bet the focus is all on Gaslight and The '59 Sound.

This is great news though. "End of hiatus" sounds like new material assuming these shows go well. Fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Of course, I know nothing concrete, but I'd be really surprised if they did any of Brian's solo stuff considering he never plays Gaslight stuff at his solo shows

That's actually not true. He's done several Gaslight songs at his solo shows. But I do agree that they most likely will not be doing any of his solo material on this tour.

Edited by glass realms

17 minutes ago, glass realms said:

That's actually not true. He's done several Gaslight songs at his solo shows. But I do agree that they most likely will not be doing any of his solo material on this tour.

Oh really?! Shoot, when I saw him in Boston touring Painkillers, he didn't bust out any GA songs. I stand corrected. My bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Tamubro said:

They have to, right?! There's no way they can announce a "world tour" and have like 7 shows, lol.

It's probably in their gov't ball contract that they can't announce anything in a certain radius around that time to take away from gov't ball ticket sales. This is very common for bands playing festivals and large tours. I know for sure the warped tour does it which is why a lot of bands don't announce their fall tours until warped has begun or is almost over, especially in smaller markets.  They can't skip the entire side of US and also not have a home show!  There's a shit load of time before June 2nd (Gov't Ball) and July 20th, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a quick 10-15/20-25 day tour in between those shows.   

Just now, thomasj182 said:

It's probably in their gov't ball contract that they can't announce anything in a certain radius around that time to take away from gov't ball ticket sales. This is very common for bands playing festivals and large tours. I know for sure the warped tour does it which is why a lot of bands don't announce their fall tours until warped has begun or is almost over, especially in smaller markets.  They can't skip the entire side of US and also not have a home show!  There's a shit load of time before June 2nd (Gov't Ball) and July 20th, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a quick 10-15/20-25 day tour in between those shows.   

However, it's Brian Fallon so what do I really know.