PO: Brian Fallon, Sleepwalkers

1 hour ago, Buffbloom said:

Is there anywhere to get a colored variant still?  or will there be an indie exclusive color for tomorrow's release? 

my local indie store is advertising a deluxe edition with signed poster AND a standard edition to be in stock Friday.

I'm hoping the deluxe copy I pre-ordered from his website shows up or I'm gonna feel silly for getting suckered into the extra shipping charges on this one.

This album is fantastic!

Only gripe -- Is it just me or was anyone else a little underwhelmed (even hesitant to preorder) by the first 2 singles he chose to release (Forget Me Not & If Your Prayers Don't Go To Heaven)? I feel as if there were other songs that would have been much better choices to release to the masses first. Don't get me wrong, they weren't horrible tracks by any means...they just didn't grab me. BUT, the second I heard Come Wander With Me, I was blown away. Etta James slays. Proof Of Life is definitely one of my favorites. Jesus...the whole record is tight and flows wonderfully. Haven't found a song that my earholes weren't extremely pleased by. I think this is leaps and bounds better than Painkillers (which I enjoyed, but wasn't in love with).  Brian seems to be in a really nice groove currently and fingers crossed this transitions into some tasty Gaslight Anthem tunes.  

1 hour ago, Tamubro said:

This album is fantastic!

Only gripe -- Is it just me or was anyone else a little underwhelmed (even hesitant to preorder) by the first 2 singles he chose to release (Forget Me Not & If Your Prayers Don't Go To Heaven)? I feel as if there were other songs that would have been much better choices to release to the masses first. Don't get me wrong, they weren't horrible tracks by any means...they just didn't grab me. BUT, the second I heard Come Wander With Me, I was blown away. Etta James slays. Proof Of Life is definitely one of my favorites. Jesus...the whole record is tight and flows wonderfully. Haven't found a song that my earholes weren't extremely pleased by. I think this is leaps and bounds better than Painkillers (which I enjoyed, but wasn't in love with).  Brian seems to be in a really nice groove currently and fingers crossed this transitions into some tasty Gaslight Anthem tunes.  

I wasn't floored by the songs previously released, have not heard the rest, and still have not ordered. Wasn't into the price of the variant, for what it was, and really not in a big rush. I am a fan of his solo and TGA work, so I don't know what else makes me unmotivated. I will definitely get it, but waiting for some sort of sale.