PO NOW: The Killers - Day & Age (repress!)

26 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

The Bongload press will still be the superior pressing. 2LP at 45RPM will always out do the single LP

Potentially, sure, but there are a lot of factors that could ensure that one cut beats another.

i happen to think that the Bongload Sam’s Town sounds fine, but not great. I also think the “book” is terribly lacking in content. Where are the multiple pages of photos, essay on that time of the band, etc?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes same here with direct hits, really excited to get this. I'm glad that day & age has another barcode than the original pressing though... would have been really bummed to see the originals lose their "authenticity" completely like they did it with u2s how to dismantle an atomic bomb

Edited by Vega

25 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yes same here with direct hits, really excited to get this. I'm glad that day & age has another barcode than the original pressing though... would have been really bummed to see the originals lose their "authenticity" completely like they did it with u2s how to dismantle an atomic bomb

So new copies aren't authentic?

10 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

So new copies aren't authentic?

Of course they are, i meant first press authentic. I was lucky enough to get it for around 30 bucks sealed a few years ago but there are people who paid 90+ dollars for this, to just produce more of the exact same product down to somethng nitpicky as the barcode would have been a shame imo.

51 minutes ago, Vega said:

Of course they are, i meant first press authentic. I was lucky enough to get it for around 30 bucks sealed a few years ago but there are people who paid 90+ dollars for this, to just produce more of the exact same product down to somethng nitpicky as the barcode would have been a shame imo.

why? the original wasn't sold as limited?  I think it's silly to make any changes to a regular edition.  Who cares if it was press 5 years ago or 5 days ago.  That being said if the original was sold as limited or numbered or wording like that...then hell yeah they better make the new one different.

I just got my order in the mail. Can't wait to spin these after I do my work. So far I'm impressed, the discs are nice and solid and the gatefold for Direct Hits isn't at all flimsy. I'm glad I didn't drop a ridiculous amount of money for Day & Age previous to these represses

3 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I just got my order in the mail. Can't wait to spin these after I do my work. So far I'm impressed, the discs are nice and solid and the gatefold for Direct Hits isn't at all flimsy. I'm glad I didn't drop a ridiculous amount of money for Day & Age previous to these represses

Did you get Sam’s Town? If so, would you mind posting any deadwax info and/or mastering/pressing credits that are on the jacket? I am trying to decide if I should give it a shot, but I can’t find any info anywhere.

4 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Did you get Sam’s Town? If so, would you mind posting any deadwax info and/or mastering/pressing credits that are on the jacket? I am trying to decide if I should give it a shot, but I can’t find any info anywhere.

I didn't, sorry! I have the one from Bong Load Records.