Alexisonfire - Alexisonfire 15yr Press

4 minutes ago, atlas said:

grabbed Watch Out, got cold feet and decided to go back in for OCYC since that’s the only AOF record I don’t have now and it was sold out lol

Literally did the same thing, lol. Might take a swing by the newbs location near me to see if they have any copies of OC/YC on the floor.  Doubtful, but  it's on the way home from work and worth a shot.

9 minutes ago, boobz09 said:

Wouldn't let me ship to Canada...

International shipping maxed out at $150 purchase shipping included. I had to drop watch out and og self titled for my order to process. Went back and watch out was gone, but managed to get the self titled before it sold out.

Thought these went up at 10AM PST, so looks like I missed out, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Can't wait for dine alone to post the solid colored, 10-dollar cheaper versions within a week. 

Yeah I don't know how to feel about that either. On one hand, people should just have more self-control. If they didn't want a black copy, they shouldn't hate on the label for choosing to buy a black copy. But Dine Alone clearly knew what they were doing. If they had put up the Newbury versions and the Black ones at the same time, everyone would just hold hoping for some other color variants to pop up instead of buying the black ones. It's a tale as old as time.

35 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Thought these went up at 10AM PST, so looks like I missed out, but whatever.

Yeah I don't know how to feel about that either. On one hand, people should just have more self-control. If they didn't want a black copy, they shouldn't hate on the label for choosing to buy a black copy. But Dine Alone clearly knew what they were doing. If they had put up the Newbury versions and the Black ones at the same time, everyone would just hold hoping for some other color variants to pop up instead of buying the black ones. It's a tale as old as time.

Always funny when people say something like this after the fact.

There was no word from anyone about a color copy of any of these anywhere on the horizon. Not even a hint. Some had been out of print for a minute and people were excited for new copies to come out so they could have it on vinyl.

I have a black copy of Watch Out! that I'll be happy with and I would have skipped out on S/T too if it wasn't the original remaster.

But it's unfair of you to act like people have no self control for buying a black copy and then being a little upset that nicer looking, more collectible versions came out immediately after with no prior announcement. They didn't know there was any other option. It's pretty predatory actually.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

1 hour ago, drrowe said:

International shipping maxed out at $150 purchase shipping included. I had to drop watch out and og self titled for my order to process. Went back and watch out was gone, but managed to get the self titled before it sold out.

Same here. Had to drop Watch Out for processing and Crisis was sold out at check out. Finally get Self titled & Old Crows/Young Cardinals 

26 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

But it's unfair of you to act like people have no self control for buying a black copy and then being a little upset that nicer looking, more collectible versions came out immediately after with no prior announcement. They didn't know there was any other option. It's pretty predatory actually.

I totally agree with this! It was great that dine alone finally re pressed these even if it was black and we all know that they were snapped up by flippers anyway! But don’t get upset about black pressings. If you’re only in it for pretty records then don’t buy the black and complain.