Athletics - BFRSD

29 minutes ago, MrMatt767 said:

Got one, but damn that sold out quickly as if they didn't know they could sell more than 100?

I think there's a physical limitation to what Dan can do, since they're hand made jackets. 100 cut, stamped jackets would be time taxing for one guy.  Don't think that guy holds back on his packaging either, so a normal sleeve would be out of the question for this release.

1 hour ago, whoa said:

I think there's a physical limitation to what Dan can do, since they're hand made jackets. 100 cut, stamped jackets would be time taxing for one guy.  Don't think that guy holds back on his packaging either, so a normal sleeve would be out of the question for this release.

the packaging looks the same as the first press, so i can assure you that, yes, a lot of care went into each one. although this almost goes without saying, just looking at all his other releases. it's all pretty incredible, frankly

also, in dan's defense (but not necessarily in defense of pressing just 100 more), the first presses of each album stuck around a long time. i'm not really sure when athletics picked up such momentum, but there were many times back in 2013 or whenever i bought each album that i was on the fence about grabbing the other variants. but i was a poor grad student then. now i'm a poor graduated grad student

4 hours ago, whoa said:

GOT IT. @Sasan hit me up, got a spare.

Back to bed. 

Aw man, shit...should have been more precise... :( I already own a first press, was only looking for it if it was new material...sorry for that.

I'm pretty sure you'll find someone over here. If not, contact me again and I'll take it anyways so you don't sit on it!

22 hours ago, whoa said:

Yeah, fair enough! Not begrudging anyone, really appreciate the awesome detail on this actually, was more just thinking they could've made more money hahah. But you're right, the jackets etc probably makes a larger pressing out of the equation.

I tweeted him to ask why they didn’t make more and he said for that exact reason that because they are hand made. I mean just release a normal version. Iv been trying to hunt this record down all year, and I wake up to find that this is happening and I missed it by an hour or so. 

If any one is looking to sell a copy pm me I’d love a copy of this record.

Yeah, I gotta say this record is notoriously hard to get for having 300 copies of the first pressing out there. It rarely (if ever) goes up on ebay and owners on discogs won't sell no matter what. Bummer to anyone who missed this. It was my white whale record for YEARS and I finally got a copy thanks to the repress.

1 hour ago, Humandrawinghnd said:

I tweeted him to ask why they didn’t make more and he said for that exact reason that because they are hand made. I mean just release a normal version. Iv been trying to hunt this record down all year, and I wake up to find that this is happening and I missed it by an hour or so. 

If any one is looking to sell a copy pm me I’d love a copy of this record.

Dan doesn't really do "normal", and it's his label, so y'know.....

• 1 month later...

And right on cue this email came out today...

Updates:
Athletics Black Friday Repress: 

We are still waiting for these to come in due to delays in production from the manufacturer. With their regular RSD/Black Friday orders and  Holiday schedules, our job just didn't make the time crunch, But as soon as they come in we will let you know and they will be shipping out. In the meantime, if you have to change your shipping address or anything please let us know

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...