Athletics - BFRSD

4 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

y'all might get a kick out of this

30a5hyp.jpg

t0rrrt.jpg

needless to say this is completely unplayable and incredibly disappointing

Damn that really sucks. Mine came in yesterday and when I saw the flimsy ass mailer it came in I was expecting the worse. Hopefully you can get a replacement.

i'm gonna try to flatten the shit out of it, see if that works. anyone try that before? thinking of using bench press plates so it's heavy and the weight is distributed evenly but idk

edit: i'd be shocked if he fully replaced it given the limited pressing but maybe the plant sent him overages so he has extras

Edited by chamb117

8 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

i'm gonna try to flatten the shit out of it, see if that works. anyone try that before? thinking of using bench press plates so it's heavy and the weight is distributed evenly but idk

edit: i'd be shocked if he fully replaced it given the limited pressing but maybe the plant sent him overages so he has extras

The only thing that has even a chance on something like that would be something with heat, like one of those vinyl flatteners but even then the success rate is pretty poor, plus I’m sure you don’t want to shell out for one of those just for this one record (I think they’re around $100). There’s an oven-based method people use you can Google, but I think it has an even likelier chance of failure and personally I wouldn’t risk it on anything I own... 

13 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

Oven method works like a charm. 

On 5/2/2018 at 4:08 AM, highfives said:

Those mailers were one of the shittier ones I’ve seen lately. 

yeah, it was pretty bad. obviously a package warping like that cannot be entirely the sender's fault. but the cardboard was flimsy and pliable, and the spine(s) completely unsupported.

wanna try the whole oven thing but don't really have two panes of glass handy... so we'll see.

Edited by chamb117

8 hours ago, chamb117 said:

yeah, it was pretty bad. obviously a package warping like that cannot be entirely the sender's fault. but the cardboard was flimsy and pliable, and the spine(s) completely unsupported.

wanna try the whole oven thing but don't really have two panes of glass handy... so we'll see.

I have heard that between two pieces of plexiglass, and set the record  in the sun. I guess same concept, but I thought the sun would be safer than an oven.

1 hour ago, chamb117 said:

first press was numbered. i can confirm the packaging for first presses were a bit nicer in terms of silkscreen, numbering, paper stock and folding, etc.

Yeah first press was definitively way nicer which is weird cause he made 300 of those and only 100 this time! I had to email him to find out which number of the first press I had and add it myself because it just came saying /300. Im not sure how he actually knew I had #266 or if he just made it up in the moment lol.