Athletics - BFRSD

27 minutes ago, thisisben said:

Yeah first press was definitively way nicer which is weird cause he made 300 of those and only 100 this time! I had to email him to find out which number of the first press I had and add it myself because it just came saying /300. Im not sure how he actually knew I had #266 or if he just made it up in the moment lol.

i'd guess it's just because he had more time back then... WYAINE was ITC-008 if i'm not mistaken, and now he's up to like ITC-070+, not including the lathes, so i think he just has less time than he used to (although i think he could reasonably make more time to ensure newer releases are as carefully made as earlier ones, but i understand the trade-offs)

1 hour ago, Pupples said:

I would say the latter 

I just went and checked the email from 2014 to be sure lol. He said he folded them up as they were ordered and just forgot to add my number so it was definitely #266. The first press sat in his store for awhile so its crazy how quickly they sold out on black friday.

1 hour ago, chamb117 said:

i'd guess it's just because he had more time back then... WYAINE was ITC-008 if i'm not mistaken, and now he's up to like ITC-070+, not including the lathes, so i think he just has less time than he used to (although i think he could reasonably make more time to ensure newer releases are as carefully made as earlier ones, but i understand the trade-offs)

Yeah thats very true! I shouldnt be hating on it cause its a cool project. The wax stamp and the design on the front are both pretty awesome! Im surprised he doesnt also do a pressing with normal jackets tho cause the demand is definitely there!

14 minutes ago, thisisben said:

Yeah thats very true! I shouldnt be hating on it cause its a cool project. The wax stamp and the design on the front are both pretty awesome! Im surprised he doesnt also do a pressing with normal jackets tho cause the demand is definitely there!

The cover for the new pressing looks like a group of preschoolers were handed black construction paper & a pair of scissors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 5:08 PM, chamb117 said:

y'all might get a kick out of this

30a5hyp.jpg

t0rrrt.jpg

needless to say this is completely unplayable and incredibly disappointing

feel-good story of the day (slash of my life): used two 45-pound plates on top of a thick folded towel (for protection) for a couple of weeks (only because i forgot to check on it). worked about as well as i could've possibly hoped; almost perfectly flat. bless uppppppppp

• 5 months later...

https://intheclouds.io/collections/black-friday

midnight EST. (are some available right now or just me?)

- 2xLP deluxe Who You Are...  /??? - 1st LP is normal album, 2nd LP is instrumentals.

- Why Aren't I Home -  /150 Transparent Blue Splatter + /150 Grey White Swirl

- When to Run, Where to Hide 7" /???

17 minutes ago, whoa said:

https://intheclouds.io/collections/black-friday

midnight EST. (are some available right now or just me?)

- 2xLP deluxe Who You Are...  /??? - 1st LP is normal album, 2nd LP is instrumentals.

- Why Aren't I Home -  /150 Transparent Blue Splatter + /150 Grey White Swirl

- When to Run, Where to Hide 7" /???

definitely available, but i'm not sure if it's intentional. i just grabbed WTRWTH and WAIH, i didn't see WYAINE there but maybe it was (edit: nvm, i see WYAINE, listed as "sold out" unlike the other two)

Edited by chamb117

2 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

definitely available, but i'm not sure if it's intentional. i just grabbed WTRWTH and WAIH, i didn't see WYAINE there but maybe it was (edit: nvm, i see WYAINE, listed as "sold out" unlike the other two)

ITC's Instagram story said 20 would be available today and the rest on Friday at 12am.  I'm guessing the "sold out" ones will only be available on Friday.

Grabbed the 7".  Not sure about WAIH though.

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

ITC's Instagram story said 20 would be available today and the rest on Friday at 12am.  I'm guessing the "sold out" ones will only be available on Friday.

Grabbed the 7".  Not sure about WAIH though.

you're right, the email said first 20. i barely read it, i clicked through the link in a panic but then didn't see anything so closed out and just happened to go back out of curiosity like five minutes later. feeling pretty lucky now