Athletics - BFRSD

10 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

So I wasn’t aware of this but why do they have to release these records in the stupidest way possible? Was too late to get a copy of the one I give a fuck about so better luck next year I guess.

Everything is still available on the website. Looking at it through my phone just now.....

I think 500 is a bit overkill for these releases and a one-man label. Sad to see the midnight meltdown. Dan’s a good dude and shit happens. Glad he got it sorted. Also I’d expect these to ship pretty damn quickly—my order from the surprise pre-sale already shipped and will be here soon. 

7 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Glad I forgot about this. Breezed in and got what I needed, no problems. It's not the label's fault, it's all the dingleberries who were loading up their carts to see how many were left. Happy Thanksgiving!

There was an issue where stuff was going out of stock every time an order went through. So while everyone was melting down, only 10 of each release were sold. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt sales in the long run. 

2 hours ago, drds89 said:

Dude, Gracias!

Gotta have each other's backs!  Just paypal me the $30 and you're set, no extra shipping.  I had Dan merge it with the stuff you ordered on Monday :D

13 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Unless you’re talking about somewhere other than intheclouds I refreshed a bunch of times and it all showed sold out

It's all available:  https://intheclouds.io/collections/black-friday/

9 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Gotta have each other's backs!  Just paypal me the $30 and you're set, no extra shipping.  I had Dan merge it with the stuff you ordered on Monday :D

It's all available:  https://intheclouds.io/collections/black-friday/

Yeah, I think you specifically need the link they sent in the newsletter. I wasn't able to find it on the site until I used the emailed link.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Yeah, I think you specifically need the link they sent in the newsletter. I wasn't able to find it on the site until I used the emailed link.

Yep. First I tried on the main site and couldn't find them, then I tried the one I found by googling, which was /athletics instead of /black-friday. Didn't see this link ANYWHERE.

Yeah part of that is to deter flippers because last year the repress sold out in 30 seconds and they were up on Discogs within minutes for triple the price. 

I think this finally should put a nail in the flipper coffin for these.  Another 300 heat-sensitive copies of WAIH? and then another 150(?) of WYAINE should dilute the market and get everybody a copy who wants one. 

Even as of today, EVERYTHING is still available. 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:56 AM, batman said:

Sounds great, I love those tracks so much. 

I do too, I'm so psyched.  Did you get yours early because of that early sale on the Monday?

Also, I've been looking at tracking that 10" lathe down, but that's just piano and vocal arrangements of some of the WAIH? tunes right?

8 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I do too, I'm so psyched.  Did you get yours early because of that early sale on the Monday?

Also, I've been looking at tracking that 10" lathe down, but that's just piano and vocal arrangements of some of the WAIH? tunes right?

Yeah he got it out quick. It was halfway here before they actually went up for sale on Black Friday.

Yep, it's this: https://deepelmdigital.com/album/stop-torturing-yourself I love these tracks too. It sounds pretty good for a lathe, but does have that low frequency buzz sound if the volume is up too high--it's not noticeable except at the beginning/end of each side, when there isn't any music playing.

Edited by batman

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

i'm probably in the minority who doesn't like any arrangement of jordan, but everything else on stop torturing yourself is delightful, 'i am withdrawal' especially so

4 hours ago, chamb117 said:

i'm probably in the minority who doesn't like any arrangement of jordan, but everything else on stop torturing yourself is delightful, 'i am withdrawal' especially so

Jordan made me not like WAIH? For a long time.  It sticks out so much compared to everything else on the record.