Athletics - BFRSD

19 hours ago, highfives said:

Jordan made me not like WAIH? For a long time.  It sticks out so much compared to everything else on the record.

yes! makes me feel better, ha. now i'm gonna lean into it and say it's my absolute least-favorite athletics track, for basically the reason you stated. really not a bad song, just pales in comparison

3 hours ago, chamb117 said:

yes! makes me feel better, ha. now i'm gonna lean into it and say it's my absolute least-favorite athletics track, for basically the reason you stated. really not a bad song, just pales in comparison

It never really bothered me because they were so Deep Elm emo. Howevah, I prefer the stripped down version from 'Stop Torturing Yourself' 

13 hours ago, escapeplan said:

Anybody get the double LP of WYAINE? Was wondering how the gatefold sleeve looked compared to the last two releases. Last year's Black Friday repress was pretty disappointing packaging-wise.

Looking forward to seeing the new sleeve for the 2xLP, but I still appreciate the craft that went into the original sleeves. Definitely not a disappointment. 

Edited by whoa

On 12/4/2018 at 7:03 PM, escapeplan said:

Anybody get the double LP of WYAINE? Was wondering how the gatefold sleeve looked compared to the last two releases. Last year's Black Friday repress was pretty disappointing packaging-wise.

It's just a standard super thin gatefold.  No inserts or anything. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:54 AM, highfives said:

Anyone get their copy of WAIH?  Mine has some weird paint splatters on it (unintentional).

Like, on the vinyl itself?  I got mine but haven't spun it yet. 

34 minutes ago, turk99 said:

Still no shipping confirmation...order at midnight on Black Friday. 

Sit tight.  It's coming.  Dan does this all by himself.  I know I have enough of a struggle when I have my 12-14 record group buys....  i can't imagine having to deal with 300+ orders and having a job/life.  Just be patient. 

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

It's just a standard super thin gatefold.  No inserts or anything. 

Like, on the vinyl itself?  I got mine but haven't spun it yet. 

Yeah, on the vinyl.  Lots of pops and clicks because of it.

i tried cleaning a spot off and it looks like there’s a permanent depression like whatever it is was hit when it splattered.

55 minutes ago, highfives said:

Yeah, on the vinyl.  Lots of pops and clicks because of it.

i tried cleaning a spot off and it looks like there’s a permanent depression like whatever it is was hit when it splattered.

I'll throw mine on next after I finish the Oh Hiroshima album i have playing now.  Which variant did you get?  I went with the blue splatter and don't recall seeing anything like that :\

Spinning my blue splatter right now.  It sounds great.  It's got a touch of the lo-fi aspect of a lathe, but they aren't lathes - ITC pressed them elsewhere.  I like it.  I'm going to have to compare it to my 1st pressing and see if there's a difference.  The low end on the kick drum is especially good.  It also might be that I don't have it cranked right now. 

A touch noisy when you drop the needle, but I'm very pleased with the fidelity of the music content. 

EDIT:  Man, this thing sounds fucking GREAT.  It's so fat and warm.  I love it. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

7 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'll throw mine on next after I finish the Oh Hiroshima album i have playing now.  Which variant did you get?  I went with the blue splatter and don't recall seeing anything like that :\

Spinning my blue splatter right now.  It sounds great.  It's got a touch of the lo-fi aspect of a lathe, but they aren't lathes - ITC pressed them elsewhere.  I like it.  I'm going to have to compare it to my 1st pressing and see if there's a difference.  The low end on the kick drum is especially good.  It also might be that I don't have it cranked right now. 

A touch noisy when you drop the needle, but I'm very pleased with the fidelity of the music content. 

EDIT:  Man, this thing sounds fucking GREAT.  It's so fat and warm.  I love it. 

I got the grey variant.  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I think ItC posted on their Facebook that they are processin’ orders from late November right now.

He’s talking about the production side of the business, not the fulfillment side.  

I’d hit them up if you haven’t received an order from BFRSD yet.  Although they have a backlog of emails to go through.

13 minutes ago, redroom said:

Got mine a few weeks ago.

Why Aren't I Home pressing sounds good. The heat sensitive cover sucks and the logo is just glued on it or something and it looks like it can fall off every moment.

WYAINE album cover is very bad. The logo is kinda blurred or something. Almost like low resolution but without the pixels.

It's a gatefold jacket. The original album is 33rpm and doesn't really sound good.

The instumental album is 45rpm and sounds better.

Because he shipped my records in 2 seperate orders, although i asked him to combine it and he said ok, I had to pay customs twice.

In the end I payed $190 for 3 record that are probably the worst quality in my collection.

I'm happy that I can finally spin them again (had the original pressings) and that WAIH sounds good.

And the music is still amazing.

That's sucks to hear. I'm glad I canceled my order. In this case, a handmade cover really wasn't the worth the hassle...especially if the quality is bad. Would rather just have a traditional sleeve. 

11 hours ago, redroom said:

Why Aren't I Home pressing sounds good. The heat sensitive cover sucks and the logo is just glued on it or something and it looks like it can fall off every moment.

WYAINE album cover is very bad. The logo is kinda blurred or something. Almost like low resolution but without the pixels.

It's a gatefold jacket. The original album is 33rpm and doesn't really sound good.

Because he shipped my records in 2 seperate orders, although i asked him to combine it and he said ok, I had to pay customs twice.

In the end I payed $190 for 3 record that are probably the worst quality in my collection.

I'm happy that I can finally spin them again (had the original pressings) and that WAIH sounds good.

And the music is still amazing.

The overall quality of ITC (customer service, pressing quality, covers/sleeves) has decreased immensely over the past three to five years...a pity

7 hours ago, Sasan said:

The overall quality of ITC (customer service, pressing quality, covers/sleeves) has decreased immensely over the past three to five years...a pity

Probably due to Dan doing full scale offerings (lathes and band merch) instead of just focusing on releasing albums for the signed bands.  Adding more services is great, but you have to add manpower at the same time to keep up with the level of quality.

It’s annoying because Dan posts a million times on his IG story a day acting like a goof but can’t return people’s emails.  I personally haven’t had issues with them lately but it took my brother over a month to get an in stock record he ordered early December.  And that only happened after I happened to reach out to Nunzio (from Owel) on IG directly about his troubles (nicest guy ever btw).  But I felt bad he had to pick up Dan’s slack on that one.

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

Dan needs to just hire someone to oversee emails.  Not communicating correctly pisses me off because it’s the easiest thing in the world you can do.

He has; when I've chatted over FB, it's often been another dude (Dave maybe.... i forget the name).  I think he has 2 other people now. 

20 hours ago, redroom said:

I haven't spun my WYAINE yet but that's weird that they are at 2 different speeds....   also, are you saying that the jackets for BOTH of these releases are different than the original presses?

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

hate to admit it but it's true. i admire that it's still completely "DIY" and whatever but the scale and relative popularity of his releases have outstripped what he can reasonably manage by himself and/or with a small crew. i am willing to cut some slack for the new WAIH jacket, but if i didn't know what WYAINE was called, i wouldn't be able to read it, the new jacket is that bad. not to mention the christmas lathe sleeves were pixellated as fuck. really a bummer.

11 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

He has; when I've chatted over FB, it's often been another dude (Dave maybe.... i forget the name).  I think he has 2 other people now. 

I haven't spun my WYAINE yet but that's weird that they are at 2 different speeds....   also, are you saying that the jackets for BOTH of these releases are different than the original presses?

no, WAIH jacket is the same, it's just lower quality in that the heat paint (whatever it's called) works barely if at all. (my 'A' sticker is fine, though, so that must be a jacket-to-jacket issue.)

Edited by chamb117

4 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

no, WAIH jacket is the same, it's just lower quality in that the heat paint (whatever it's called) works barely if at all. (my 'A' sticker is fine, though, so that must be a jacket-to-jacket issue.)

I know that the heat paint is hand-painted, but i must admit i thought it would be a bit more responsive to my hand.  You have to hold it on there for while to see anything happen.