PO: Pianos Become The Teeth - Wait For Love (2-16-18)

ejc625

10 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Not sure, I believe the sticker said something about a digital copy but can't remember exactly. Just gonna use Google Play Music for the digital stream since I'm already a subscriber.

My white showed up today too without a DL card.  I just assumed that if the standard black was listed as including a DL card that the more expensive and limited white variant would include one as well.

12 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Have to tell you that keep you felt meh, show after keep you especially old song were crime, but i have to admit this new one quite good.

wait for love just made me want to listen to keep you because it was so underwhelming, and i don’t even like keep you that much. 

Edited by ethereal

The last track, Blue, got me so hard with that final line; "And I could die to see him sitting by your side".

It makes me so happy that he is seeing his dad in his son. This record is great but I think they won't ever top Keep you. 

Edited by suckarnasalle

On 2/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, CatsNJazz said:

This album is really good if you don't think of it as PBTT, it lacks the intensity of the past 3, but you can't blame them for wanting to do something new, even listening to Old Pride and TLLA I feel emotionally exhausted, I can't imagine playing those songs on stage forever. 

I kind of have to slightly disagree with the first sentiment...I feel like emotionally this album is on par with the rest of the records just with a different emotion. Rather than exploring the emotions of anger and loss, this one feels more positive and with Blue really connects lyrically to the last two albums. This is a record that takes a few listens with headphones and the lyrics I think...

From what I get out of it lyrically it feels like Kyle is expressing this idea that Love comes when you least expect it and when you never think you will find it again, hence the title "wait for love." I mean this record is pretty much an emotional love letter to his kid and wife and is beautiful in every sense. I've honestly never heard a record like it before and I love how Kyle is able to capture these emotional capsules without every really telling a story. I mean some of the lines in here kind of hint at what the record is about but he has the real talent of conveying emotion with words without you really having to understand what they mean completely...which in my opinion makes this a great album. The hooks are also more subtle and after a few listens have really gotten stuck in my head and creep in out of nowhere. This is a very positive emotional record which is something that doesn't come along very often and I feel a ton of hope in it. 

I totally agree with the last part of your statement though. How do you constantly sing about the death of your father over and over again on stage. That would really take it out of you and at some point that energy is exhausted and you have to move on. I love this band and I don't know if we will ever get another band like them....

Just wanted to share my thoughts....

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I didn't think this band really stood out until they ditched the post hardcore/screamo sound (with Hiding and going forward).

Not that their older stuff is bad, but it never dug it's claws into me. In fact I sold all my old PBTT records because I never listened to them.

Dig the new album, and new direction. You can tell these dudes really like The National haha.