Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice 2xLP New New Pressing on "Moon Phase" Vinyl

jhulud

18 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

Man...I bet we have a lot of opposites in common

I remember when this first came out, the general reaction was that it wasn't Menos El Oso 2. I think time has been kind to Planet of Ice and many fans have realized its brilliance.

Edited by MacDonals

Has anyone been able to confirm the latest repress is a repress of the 45 RPM pressings from 2007-2008? The description on the store has the same "vinyl remaster courtesy of Bernie Grundman" sentence that accompanied the 33 RPM represses, but I’m guessing it might’ve been left there by accident.

19 hours ago, vapor said:

Has anyone been able to confirm the latest repress is a repress of the 45 RPM pressings from 2007-2008? The description on the store has the same "vinyl remaster courtesy of Bernie Grundman" sentence that accompanied the 33 RPM represses, but I’m guessing it might’ve been left there by accident.

I emailed David at Suicide Squeeze. He said this isn't a repress of the 45 RPM pressings from 2007-2008, and that "We recut the lacquers at 45RPM and moved to another pressing plant."

5 hours ago, MacDonals said:

Is that good or bad news?

That's what I'm wondering as well, but we probably won't know until people have it in their hands and can compare.

I don't own this album on vinyl yet, but it seems the consensus is the early 45 RPM pressings are vastly superior to the more recent 33 RPM pressings. I've been on the verge of buying the rather pricey 45 RPM version for several months, and this new pressing isn't making the decision any easier...

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, dapeebs said:

Yeah I'm tempted. I only own the first press of this. You happen to know if the sound quality is that different between first and when they remastered it?

Yeah...the 4th pressing and on was when it got remastered. It sounds a bit clearer and louder. It felt like it was opened up. 

4 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

Has anyone done a comparison between the OG press and this new pressing? I picked up an OG press when I heard it was much better than the 33rpm press. Not sure I need a third copy of this album... 

well it’s sold out now, so that decision was made for all of us. 

• jhulud changed the title to Minus The Bear - Planet of Ice 2xLP New New Pressing on "Moon Phase" Vinyl