PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Lol, how long have you been waiting to do that? And I meant what I said.

Not terribly long or anything; don’t get too excited there.  I just now associate your Costanza avatar with some dude who lives a hyper sheltered life on the internet, so it came pretty naturally when I saw it pop up in this thread.  Lighten up.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Not terribly long or anything; don’t get too excited there.  I just now associate your Costanza avatar with some dude who lives a hyper sheltered life on the internet, so it came pretty naturally when I saw it pop up in this thread.  Lighten up.

I would genuinely like to know how you reached the hyper sheltered conclusion. Was it when I pointed out that your first reaction to accusations of abuse was to point out that the girl in question suffers from depression and anxiety, insinuating that she shouldn't be trusted? Oh right, you were playing "devil's advocate". :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

I would genuinely like to know how you reached the hyper sheltered conclusion. Was it when I pointed out that your first reaction to accusations of abuse was to point out that the girl in question suffers from depression and anxiety, insinuating that she shouldn't be trusted? Oh right, you were playing "devil's advocate". :rolleyes:

Fair guess.  But it was actually concluded from the fact you’ve been a member on this board longer than I have (which is admittedly a pretty fucking long time) and insist that my post – which brought up a girl’s mental history in a discussion about said girl and encouraged that we should maybe wait a bit longer for more factors or statements to be solidified – was the most upsetting thing you’ve encountered on the boards.  Yeah.  Pretty fucking sheltered.  That, or just another pasty white knight keyboard warrior atop a sparkly SJW steed, ready to vanquish anything and everything that isn’t 100% politically correct on the internet.  Your choice, I guess.

Please feel free to “destroy me” within 2 minutes of posting this like you’ve been doing in this thread all day.

"White night", "SJW", "politically correct". It's all there, lol. I will never understand why people like you are so mad that our culture is finally shifting toward one of accountability. And yes, I've been a member longer than you, but have almost 8k less posts. "Hyper sheltered life on the internet", huh. Surprised you have so much time to spend on here between 4chan and The Red Pill or wherever.

And yeah, it's a tumultuous time politically. It's gonna creep into everything. The worst things people used to argue about on here were flippers and limited variants. Those were the days.

Just now, Sunshine said:

Argh I assume the worst in you like every other bigot on the internet.

As you should!  First thing I say when I get home from work is “fuck making me a sandwhich woman!  Throw on ‘Gillette Cavalcade Of Sports’ and you sit there and listen whether you like it or not!”

4 hours ago, daniel said:

"White night", "SJW", "politically correct". It's all there, lol. I will never understand why people like you are so mad that our culture is finally shifting toward one of accountability. And yes, I've been a member longer than you, but have almost 8k less posts. "Hyper sheltered life on the internet", huh. Surprised you have so much time to spend on here between 4chan and The Red Pill or wherever.

And yeah, it's a tumultuous time politically. It's gonna creep into everything. The worst things people used to argue about on here were flippers and limited variants. Those were the days.

I know I probably shouldn't waste time responding to this, but I'm gonna' do it anyway.

First and foremost; stop pigeonholing and making wild assumptions.  You're not doing yourself any favors, and it does nothing to fortify whatever point you're trying to make.  You can try to paint me as some sort of mouth-breathing, narrow minded bigot who touts a MAGA cap and spews vitriol on Facebook... but you may be pretty disappointed to learn that none of those things are true.  I have to admit that I've never once posted on 4chan.  And I have no idea how to access "The Red Pill" – is that some sort of Reddit garbage?  And lo and behold, I didn't even vote for Trump.  I don't affiliate with any degree of "the right" and it's sort of unfair for you to wildly assume that I do.  I didn't instantly assume that you're some sort of socially inept liberal fuckboy who's been brainwashed by all the Tumblrinas you dated in your 20s.  No.  I explicitly gave you the option of being overly sheltered or an internet white knight.  You've always had the courtesy of choice.  So knock it off.

Check out the top post of this page.  In it, you can see where I made a callback to some goofy shit you said in another thread, a week ago, and then applied it to something entirely different; the hype for a new Glassjaw album.  It was all a sort of tongue-in-cheek affair.  It was in no way meant to carry all the drama from the Brand New thread into this one.  But you – rational Daniel, voice of reason – instantly assumed that I had been "stewing" on such a "sick burn" for a while now.  There was an implication, whether you were serious or not, that suggested I was harboring so much salt from that Brand New thread a week[?] ago, that I was chomping at the bit to call you out in the ultimate GOTCHA' moment.  You also made it a point to reinforce your stance – that I do, indeed, still get to claim the gold trophy for "grossest shit I've ever read on VC".

Does that not seem a little excessive over a one-line callback / joke?

This segues straight into my next point: if you hadn't been told, just yet, I'd like to take the opportunity to reveal that it is possible to support women's rights, gender equality, and non-hetero marriage while also being absolutely exhausted with how fucking up-in-arms the world is.  If you've fallen out of your roller-chair, I invite you to gather yourself and stay with me on this one – I know it's a doozy.  Where on earth do you get the impression that "people like [me]" – minus 12 social chivalry points for that sweeping vocabulary, by the way – are "so mad" at the progression of our culture?  We have absolutely come a long way as a society, and I 100% agree that we still have work to do and accountability to uphold.  I think it's great that we're out of the 50s and no longer segregating.  It's refreshing to see women excel their own careers, and have opportunities to make just as much or more than men.  And it's reassuring to see society shift and evolve enough that we're no longer throwing rocks at two men who choose to commit to one another in marriage, now that they legally have the option.  I'm allowed to think those are good things while still being able to say "hey, that guy is kind of acting like a pussy", and not get blasted as a misogynistic pig-fucker in the process.  Maybe there's a scene in a movie where it's implied that black men have larger dicks than white guys.  Is the audience allowed to snicker at that in the theaters?  Is that okay with you?  I want to have the opportunity to be able to smirk at someone's comment in an argument (with appropriate context), where they've written "just kill yourself my man B)" and not have some neckbeard screaming into my ear;

Spoiler

SUICIDE IS NEVER A LAUGHING MATTER YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE THOSE JOKES YOU DO NOT KNOW IF THAT INDIVIDUAL IS STABLE YOU MAY BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEM TAKING THEIR LIFE I HAD A RELATIVE WHO COMMITTED SUICIDE SO I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM EVER SAYING THAT AGAIN OK

It's so fucking obnoxious that I have to throw it into a spoiler tag just to mimic it.

Do you see at all where I'm coming from?  I'm just so burnt out on the state of who can say what and the """implications""".  Where do we draw the line?  "That piece of shit doesn't even ask you for your preferred pronoun when he introduces himself.  Privileged creepy asshole."  Is that what's in store for 2020?  I'm all for progressing and calling out bullshit racism / sexism when I see it – and have definitely made otherwise enjoyable social situations a little awkward for others, as a result – but I'm also not a fan of walking on eggshells.  Life is too short.  I absolutely think that there are people out there - probably more online than in person - who are itching to take a magnifying glass to anything that may not be determined "PC", in hopes of calling it out.  What for? – your guess is as good as mine.  Is it to sate a superiority complex?  Is it some weird way of repenting for a lot of the sketchy shit they've said or ways they've acted in the past?  I couldn't tell you.  But to me, that is the definition of a SJW.  And I don't feel like I'm detached from the world or living in the stone age or a trash racist for acknowledging the label.

In the Brand New thread, I brought up the first victim's background of substance abuse and mental conditions as a point of interest.  She was the topic, and that hadn't been on the table.  You can say that I insinuated whatever it is that you want to read between the lines, that's fine.  Not once did I say "heh, she's probably off the rocker from all the shit she's done in the past" – though it certainly feels like you believe I did.  What I did say, however, was that if her allegations were proven to be true, that that'd be that.  I'm not going to defend Lacey or try to rationalize his actions.  I never said that I would.  There are legitimately people out there who've done just that – from excuses that range from "Jesse didn't actually admit to anything in his statement, so I don't see a problem" to "well 15 is legal in a lot of countries so it's not a huge deal unless you're American or something" to "you can't tell me that you wouldn't do the same thing in his position with that power".  I am not one of those people.  The official statement that Lacey made dodged the age difference entirely, and that was enough for me to fold and put my cards down.  I used rationality as an adult.  You should try it out sometime.

Anyways.  Sorry for getting deep in a Glassjaw thread.  May as well keep the thread bumped and active until actual music gets released or pre-orders go live.  I didn't think it'd come to shit like this, but clearly that ship sailed a while ago, and we are in fact thrust into the treacherous waters of SRS BSNS with captain Daniel at the helm.  The normal program of order hysteria and shipping confirmation will commence soon enough, I'd guess.

O captain!  My captain!

Edited by Derek™

I am with derek on this one, Daniel is a bitch, but you can lead a whore to water...................... see how lyrics can be interpretive to mean more than one thing? (albeit some are more explicitly focused than others) Hes A SJW whore. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

EYEWTAS does have really gross lyrics tho

That was that style breh have you ever gone back and read other numetal lyrics from KoRn and shit? This was a lead single lmao

[Verse 1]
I'm feeling mean today
Not lost, not blown away
Just irritated and quite hated
Self-control breaks down
Why's everything so tame?
I like my life insane
I'm fabricating and debating
Who I'm gonna kick around?

[Chorus]
Right now, can't find a way to get across the hate when I see you!
Right now, I'm feeling strange inside I want to slash and feed you!
Right now, I rip apart the things inside that excite you!
Right now, I can't control myself, I fucking hate you!

[Verse 2]
I'm feeling cold today
Not hurt just fucked away
I'm devastated and frustrated
God I feel so bound
So why'd I feel the need?
I think it's time to bleed
I'm gonna cut myself
And watch the blood hit the ground

[Chorus]

[Brige]
You open your mouth again
I swear I'm gonna break it
You open your mouth again
Oh, God, I cannot take it
Shut up, shut up, shut up or I'll fuck you up!

[Chorus]

[Outro]
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!
I fucking hate you!

2 minutes ago, At The Mars Spartamasque said:

Derek vs daniel vs sunshine. Kinda like that brand new song, only brand new fans care though. Shouldn't we be debating on how rediculous this release may be?

I don't even think Brand New fans care about this lol. I don't even care about this at this point. I'm gonna quote myself:

7 hours ago, daniel said:

Well you're not wrong. I do always assume the worst. And I know it's a waste of my time to talk to you guys about this shit because we're never going to agree. So, whatever. Peace. Enjoy your records.