PO NOW: Glassjaw - Material Control (12-1-17)

ejc625

40 minutes ago, TheComebackKid said:

Not sure if anyone posted this but on Discogs there is a 10 × Flexi-Disc, 7", 33 ⅓ RPM, Single Sided, Album, Picture Disc release of the album. Not sure why this and not a standard vinyl release.

https://www.discogs.com/Glassjaw-Material-Control/release/11238322

10x Single Sided Flexis is the new standard LP. 

3 minutes ago, whoa said:

I kind of get the impression this flexi set was meant to the only vinyl version available for this… until they heard it, and realised it sounded like ass. So gave it away. They probably pressing something else now in a rush. 

I think the decision to do Flexis was more leading up to the album release (which was originally supposed to be a Beyonce-style surprise) so that people couldn't rip the audio and leak it online.

4 minutes ago, MalevolentHoff said:

I think the decision to do Flexis was more leading up to the album release (which was originally supposed to be a Beyonce-style surprise) so that people couldn't rip the audio and leak it online.

This. That discogs listing seems to be the boxset all those music blogs/labels received or the one you could win from Donut Friend out in LA last Friday. Unless it's going to be released through the band's website, I would hardly call this an official vinyl release.

3 hours ago, whoa said:

I kind of get the impression this flexi set was meant to the only vinyl version available for this… until they heard it, and realised it sounded like ass. So gave it away. They probably pressing something else now in a rush. 

I truly hope this isn't the extent of your deductive reasoning. I don't wanna be mean but this is the stupidest post in this thread I hope you're joking.

3 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I honestly don’t understand building this big buzz machine and not properly have the album for sale on release date. 

GLASSJAW! *jazz hands*

Despite what us weirdos here would have you believe, digital/CD is still how most people pay for music. So having this on itunes/streaming/CD is still having the album for sale on release date.

GJ also know that anyone who wants this on vinyl will buy it whenever it goes up and a lot of people will buy whatever crazy expensive stupid bundles they attach

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

GLASSJAW! *jazz hands*

Despite what us weirdos here would have you believe, digital/CD is still how most people pay for music. So having this on itunes/streaming/CD is still having the album for sale on release date.

GJ also know that anyone who wants this on vinyl will buy it whenever it goes up and a lot of people will buy whatever crazy expensive stupid bundles they attach

People literally wait over a year for GJ vinyl? Never.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm so enraptured with my own lunacy that this didn't even occur to me.

1 hour ago, lungfutang said:

Serious, possibly stupid question. Why the hell didn't they just do a pre-order for vinyl when they released the CD/digital preorders? I've waited 6+ months before for an LP I've preordered, and even though it sucks having to wait, I atleast knew I had some wax on the way...

My guess is they weren’t thrilled that they made people wait a year for the fancy coloring book vinyl and now they are attempting to do it a different way where they can deliver quickly after the orders are in.

Edited by dantheriver

On 11/29/2017 at 11:32 AM, freezeflash said:

I have this size L that @pmlevine graciously hooked up but unfortunately does not fit me that well. if anyone wants it for what I paid + ship, shoot me a pm. trying to keep it on the boards :)

edit: GONE

Edited by ethereal

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

I have this size L that @pmlevine graciously hooked up but unfortunately does not fit me that well. if anyone wants it for what I paid + ship, shoot me a pm. trying to keep it on the boards :)

I'll piggyback this and say it's a little snug. Definitely a slim fit style tee. I'll still wear mine though. Man cleave and all. Zerofux.