Sigur Ros - 4 new LP's limited to 100 each ... just shoot me now ...

picked up the Route One LP /100. I determined that’s the most Sigur Rós release of the four total and I can’t afford $53 records often. apparently these covers are being painted AT THE SHOW. cannot wait to pick this up. will post pics. 

Edited by 1876records

5 minutes ago, 1876records said:

picked up the Route One LP /100. I determined that’s the most Sigur Rós release of the four total and I can’t afford $53 records often. apparently these covers are being painted AT THE SHOW. cannot wait to pick this up. will post pics. 

You don't want to pick up another one, do you?

HAHA, this is a clusterfuck...

So not only did they make a /100 exclusive for only people attending these show... they sold them online FIRST so that people who aren't going have them on hold and blocking those from going from getting them. It's like they want to watch vinyl collectors burn. 

48 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

HAHA, this is a clusterfuck...

So not only did they make a /100 exclusive for only people attending these show... they sold them online FIRST so that people who aren't going have them on hold and blocking those from going from getting them. It's like they want to watch vinyl collectors burn. 

Well if they are not attending the festival I wouldn't assume that the people have them on hold as it clearly says only available for collection at the festival. I expect that they will be cancelled if not picked up by a certain point of the festival. It was quite clear not to order if your are not going to be there. 

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

Well if they are not attending the festival I wouldn't assume that the people have them on hold as it clearly says only available for collection at the festival. I expect that they will be cancelled if not picked up by a certain point of the festival. It was quite clear not to order if your are not going to be there. 

Right... but you are assuming people read and abide by a line of text on a god damn internet. As seen, even here, people can order them without any express purpose of picking them up or now trying to get someone else to pick em up for them. Say 15 people do this... that's 15% of the run, gone, on hold for someone not even attending or going to be thrown back up online AFTER the festival. 

I can only assume that wasn't SIgur Ros's intent, but what was supposed to be a nice treat for those willing to make the trek to Iceland, became a bloody internet preorder with no checks and balances that sold out in 24 hours.

I'm not really interested in these releases, but given the vinyl lovers out there, I expect some very disappointed fans during the fest when they are told they needed to preorder the festival exclusive and can't buy it on-site while they see a stock pile of sleeves behind the merhcant. 

Edited by Canuckle

22 hours ago, Sasan said:

They hate you

Probably. I got to see them last year and I took my Indie Market pressing of Kveikur to the show. I met them after the show and asked them to sign it. They had never seen it before or knew that it existed. Then I proceeded to have a really awkward interaction with them (95% my fault) and I'm sure after they left Jonsi and Orri had a "fuck that guy" conversation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

7" limited to unknown quantities with some jonsi music can be yours for only $53 including shipping to the states. wtf?

https://www.fischersund.com/products/sounds-of-fischer

update: sold out in minutes once SR's  facebook page posted a link to it. apparently people don't think that price is insane?

update: They added 200 more to the store once it sold out. so it's not like it is even that limited or special. looks like the place also sells $65 candles so I'm not surprised they sell $35 singles.

Edited by fish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The suposedly ltd to 500 copies rsd releases are now available to preorder by retailers in my country as a 'regular' release... 

Also via jpc in germany: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/sigur-ros-liminal-remixes/hnum/8208327

does anyone have any more info on this?

Is this the same version as the one that will be made available through rsd? Or could it be yet another version?

1 hour ago, easteracrobat said:

Has anyone actually heard these liminal remixes? I'm quite curious, as I like the more ambient side of Sigur Ros, but I don't want to drop 25 EUR on the disc if it's dull AF.

I haven't, but there are rips floating around. Check out the usual places.