PO NOW: Frank Ocean - Endless

Faucet

1 hour ago, hossafer said:

Looks like it's limited to 1 of each single, unless I'm missing something. Hopefully keeps the flippers at bay a bit.

Unpopular opinion...without flippers the records will be much harder to get / more expensive on the secondary market.  Thats fine if you get it now....but sucks if you miss out.  Flippers on stuff like this flood the market and often compete to have the lowest price which drives the price down.

58 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Unpopular opinion...without flippers the records will be much harder to get / more expensive on the secondary market.  Thats fine if you get it now....but sucks if you miss out.  Flippers on stuff like this flood the market and often compete to have the lowest price which drives the price down.

Lol shut the fuck up. Yeah it works that way sometimes and we all laugh when it does, but Frank is a guaranteed flip.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

This is the dumbest take I’ve ever heard 

Ignores the bigger point that it takes one (or more) away from the people who want to pay the retail price and that its predatory to those who missed an announcement or weren't quick enough to order. But the secondary market logic is sound. But yeah, more flippers keep the secondary market prices down, sure.

Though, I think its less of an issue with releases like these (We have several days to order, its produced to order, so there is no risk of it selling out). Clearly its a bigger issue with those limited qty releases (/500 or /1000). 

Edited by timsimmons

Feelings aren't facts. Flippers might make you very sad, but when it comes to timed releases Ben is correct. The more people who buy now (flippers+fans), the larger the supply. Therefore, people who miss out will be able to get it later for cheaper if more flippers buy it now. I don't think anyone is saying it will be cheaper than retail, just cheaper than it would be if only fans bought it now.

16 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

Feelings aren't facts. Flippers might make you very sad, but when it comes to timed releases Ben is correct. The more people who buy now (flippers+fans), the larger the supply. Therefore, people who miss out will be able to get it later for cheaper if more flippers buy it now. I don't think anyone is saying it will be cheaper than retail, just cheaper than it would be if only fans bought it now.

I think most people here flip in some form or another... Ben is just garbage and anything he says should be shit on don't look into it.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Lol shut the fuck up. Yeah it works that way sometimes and we all laugh when it does, but Frank is a guaranteed flip.

Unless he produces WAY more of these than he did his previous releases and/or WAY more people buy it in hopes to flip.

See similar new releases from Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, Post Malone, T Swift, etc etc were previous releases were timed and easy to get, but now afterwards are super hard to get and sell for big bucks.  Now they are selling again with the same practices but way more people are buying to flip so price are staying low.  its not preventing anyone from buying the records on the original drop either.  I get it you hate me...the logic is sound and the trend on several similar releases over recent months.

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Unless he produces WAY more of these than he did his previous releases and/or WAY more people buy it in hopes to flip.

See similar new releases from Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, Post Malone, T Swift, etc etc were previous releases were timed and easy to get, but now afterwards are super hard to get and sell for big bucks.  Now they are selling again with the same practices but way more people are buying to flip so price are staying low.  its not preventing anyone from buying the records on the original drop either.  I get it you hate me...the logic is sound and the trend on several similar releases over recent months.

Didn't read this stop revealing my posts and keep me blocked please. I worked hard for that.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Didn't read this stop revealing my posts and keep me blocked please. I worked hard for that.

Don't have anyone blocked on here anymore at least not that I have noticed.

But anyways on topic.  Hoping these 7"s have remixes or something different on the b-sides and not just blank or the same song like a lot of similar people have been doing.

My jukebox don't want the same song twice!

6 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Good job at actually paying attention to something, instead of quickly ordering 4 copies to 4 different addresses.

Couldn't see the labels on my phone yesterday when I ordered, but just pulled it up on my work computer and can see better, thanks!

For sure down with a Justice Remix.

Also why would one order to 4 different addresses?  Doesn't say anything about one per house, but also if you read above I discussed why I don't think these will be big flips...but what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...