PO NOW: Frank Ocean - Endless

Faucet

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Have the first two 7" songs shown up streaming anywhere yet?

Frank has a history being annoying with vinyl... watch this album only get released on seventeen 7"s at $15 a pop lol

Blech.

I'd love to get a proper LP vinyl release, but I'd also just like to get the full album released period.

This is one I'd break my usual habit and listen to digitally as soon as it's out.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Something is off with these, they’re not good. And by not good I mean not even close to as good as Biking Lens or Provider. Feels like a weird side project or something conceptual he’s working on. Either way, not really engaging material. Imo

Are you talking about DHL and In My Room? I thought you said DHL was great earlier, must've been Tim. Gotta disagree either way :P

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Something is off with these, they’re not good. And by not good I mean not even close to as good as Biking Lens or Provider. Feels like a weird side project or something conceptual he’s working on. Either way, not really engaging material. Imo

To elaborate on this, it almost feels (quality and songwriting/wise) like the Endless project. He’s a bit more free and less technical about the music/lyrics/overall production. I’m going to put this out there that all these teaser songs are to the b-side project of what will be a full general release album similar to what we got with Endless/Blond

These feel like the hype machine leading up to something much bigger

Edited by Tommy

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

I feel the EXACT same way. Blond was my favorite of 2016, and still gets spun frequently... Endless was great, Channel Orange was(/is) iconic, all the post-Blond singles were great... but these are just blehhh.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...