PO NOW: Frank Ocean - Endless

Faucet

On 11/27/2017 at 2:55 PM, Shelby American said:

I've gotchu if you wanna paypal me 2x cost so I don't have to spend any money. I'll ship it for free!

(It's funny cuz I'm joking but this will look like a good deal this time next year)

It's an amazing deal now

On 11/27/2017 at 3:58 PM, Tommy said:

I still predict moderate flippability for this one. Not as desirable as blonde but still limited to 24 hours and Frank fans will really want this one. Blonde is selling for 200+ consistently on the bay. I see this one at 100 minimum for a while making the option to buy 3 flip 2 very enticing if you don't own blonde already

I paid eBay prices for blonde after missing the Black Friday window last year and I still don't regret it

You're still right about that ratio lol $1000 : $500 now though.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, unknown pleasures said:

I still think the numbers don’t work out - say it does go for $100 in the aftermarket (nearly three times what you can get it for today) and you buy three and sell two hoping to buy a Blonde with the profit:

$200

-$70 (initial cost)

-$30 (eBay/PayPal fees)

=$100 profit

And that doesn’t take into account your time, shipping the things, the possibility a buyer flakes out, the possibility these go for less than we’re estimating because - as mentioned before - I see a lot of people saying “I missed out on the last one and paid eBay prices and I’m not going to do it this time!” etc.

I mean, it wouldn’t surprise me if I’m wrong and these go for big bucks but the way I see it flippers are taking a big gamble.

Surprise!

28 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Also, Endless sold for $500 recently... I wonder how people that canceled their order because the preorder was open too long feel about that lol

Who are these people that insist on buying them for such high prices and inflating the value? It’s not like there has been any shortage of copies popping up

2 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

Who are these people that insist on buying them for such high prices and inflating the value? It’s not like there has been any shortage of copies popping up

What? Because people who are hypebeasts are now starting to get in collecting records and because people are getting keen to it selling for over $200. I sold my copy last year because of the same thing. Shortage? There aren’t anymore, so yeah, if you don’t own an original copy, you’re assed out. Supply

and demand. That’s how this game works. People weren’t selling their copies two years ago, and in two years there aren’t going to be as many copies available, OR there are going to be even more at a lower price. Again, that’s how this also works

Edited by MyEnemy

3 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

You're very confused and probably frustrated huh? Well, when demand is as high as it is why would someone sell it for less than they can get? Blind charity?

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

What???

I mean on Discogs and eBay, it seems every few weeks the highest sale number has gone up, yet new copies are posted almost every day. It’s not supply and demand driving up cost, it seems like people just buying the first one they see. I’ve been following it on both, there are tons of copies always being posted for sale.

People keep buying Endless above market value when they could just wait a couple days for another one to be posted at the lower end of the price range. Instead, they end up paying a top-end flipper and the whole price spectrum shifts up. A year ago this was a $140 record sealed.

10 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

I mean on Discogs and eBay, it seems every few weeks the highest sale number has gone up, yet new copies are posted almost every day. It’s not supply and demand driving up cost, it seems like people just buying the first one they see. I’ve been following it on both, there are tons of copies always being posted for sale.

People keep buying Endless above market value when they could just wait a couple days for another one to be posted at the lower end of the price range. Instead, they end up paying a top-end flipper and the whole price spectrum shifts up. A year ago this was a $140 record sealed.

🤦‍♀️ I’m too hungover for this shit.

Edited by MyEnemy

20 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

You're very confused and probably frustrated huh? Well, when demand is as high as it is why would someone sell it for less than they can get? Blind charity?

No, I’m not confused - I’m just noticing that Endless doesn’t sell the way most records do; the prices don’t stabilize when there’s a surplus for sale. If you look at the sale histories, one will sell for $200 then another for over $300 the next day, then another one closer to $200.

I think it has to do with a lot of people wanting this who don’t buy records on the resell market regularly, not realizing that the stock changes. I know it is in demand, but there are always a lot of copies always up for sale, and people don’t seem to buy according to market value - they often buy above it.

I think the release of the 7” singles has driven this behavior; people afraid of Frank vinyl prices going up end up actually driving the prices up.

Sorry, I’m done.

Edited by al-naafiysh

14 minutes ago, al-naafiysh said:

Exactly, it's just like gold!

I mean at jewelry stores and online precious metal exchanges, it seems every few weeks the highest sale number has gone up, yet new gold is listed almost every day. It’s not supply and demand driving up cost, it seems like people just buying the first one they see. I’ve been following it on both, there are tons of nuggets always being posted for sale.

People keep buying gold above market value when they could just wait a couple days for more to be posted at the lower end of the price range. Instead, they end up paying a top-end dealer and the whole price spectrum shifts up. A year ago it was a $1,400 an ounce. Today it's $1,985.

24 minutes ago, museummouth said:

My biggest vinyl regret is not buying extra copies of Blonde. 

I vividly remember being broke working my pizza delivery job and managed to make just enough in tips during my shift to buy it. I rushed to the bank and put just enough in my account and ordered it leaving me with a couple cents to my name.

I too wish I could have bought an extra copy, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 1:40 PM, Reshiram said:

I vividly remember being broke working my pizza delivery job and managed to make just enough in tips during my shift to buy it. I rushed to the bank and put just enough in my account and ordered it leaving me with a couple cents to my name.

I too wish I could have bought an extra copy, lol.

Livin’ in ‘merica! 🇺🇸

• 1 month later...