Jump to content

PO NOW: Frank Ocean - Endless


Faucet

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hossafer said:

Looks like it's limited to 1 of each single, unless I'm missing something. Hopefully keeps the flippers at bay a bit.

Unpopular opinion...without flippers the records will be much harder to get / more expensive on the secondary market.  Thats fine if you get it now....but sucks if you miss out.  Flippers on stuff like this flood the market and often compete to have the lowest price which drives the price down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Unpopular opinion...without flippers the records will be much harder to get / more expensive on the secondary market.  Thats fine if you get it now....but sucks if you miss out.  Flippers on stuff like this flood the market and often compete to have the lowest price which drives the price down.

Lol shut the fuck up. Yeah it works that way sometimes and we all laugh when it does, but Frank is a guaranteed flip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Unpopular opinion...without flippers the records will be much harder to get / more expensive on the secondary market.  Thats fine if you get it now....but sucks if you miss out.  Flippers on stuff like this flood the market and often compete to have the lowest price which drives the price down.

This is the dumbest take I’ve ever heard 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ignores the bigger point that it takes one (or more) away from the people who want to pay the retail price and that its predatory to those who missed an announcement or weren't quick enough to order. But the secondary market logic is sound. But yeah, more flippers keep the secondary market prices down, sure.

 

Though, I think its less of an issue with releases like these (We have several days to order, its produced to order, so there is no risk of it selling out). Clearly its a bigger issue with those limited qty releases (/500 or /1000). 

Edited by timsimmons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feelings aren't facts. Flippers might make you very sad, but when it comes to timed releases Ben is correct. The more people who buy now (flippers+fans), the larger the supply. Therefore, people who miss out will be able to get it later for cheaper if more flippers buy it now. I don't think anyone is saying it will be cheaper than retail, just cheaper than it would be if only fans bought it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

Feelings aren't facts. Flippers might make you very sad, but when it comes to timed releases Ben is correct. The more people who buy now (flippers+fans), the larger the supply. Therefore, people who miss out will be able to get it later for cheaper if more flippers buy it now. I don't think anyone is saying it will be cheaper than retail, just cheaper than it would be if only fans bought it now.

I think most people here flip in some form or another... Ben is just garbage and anything he says should be shit on don't look into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Lol shut the fuck up. Yeah it works that way sometimes and we all laugh when it does, but Frank is a guaranteed flip.

Unless he produces WAY more of these than he did his previous releases and/or WAY more people buy it in hopes to flip.

See similar new releases from Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, Post Malone, T Swift, etc etc were previous releases were timed and easy to get, but now afterwards are super hard to get and sell for big bucks.  Now they are selling again with the same practices but way more people are buying to flip so price are staying low.  its not preventing anyone from buying the records on the original drop either.  I get it you hate me...the logic is sound and the trend on several similar releases over recent months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Unless he produces WAY more of these than he did his previous releases and/or WAY more people buy it in hopes to flip.

See similar new releases from Ariana Grande, Travis Scott, Post Malone, T Swift, etc etc were previous releases were timed and easy to get, but now afterwards are super hard to get and sell for big bucks.  Now they are selling again with the same practices but way more people are buying to flip so price are staying low.  its not preventing anyone from buying the records on the original drop either.  I get it you hate me...the logic is sound and the trend on several similar releases over recent months.

Didn't read this stop revealing my posts and keep me blocked please. I worked hard for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Didn't read this stop revealing my posts and keep me blocked please. I worked hard for that.

Don't have anyone blocked on here anymore at least not that I have noticed.

But anyways on topic.  Hoping these 7"s have remixes or something different on the b-sides and not just blank or the same song like a lot of similar people have been doing.

My jukebox don't want the same song twice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Good job at actually paying attention to something, instead of quickly ordering 4 copies to 4 different addresses.

Couldn't see the labels on my phone yesterday when I ordered, but just pulled it up on my work computer and can see better, thanks!

For sure down with a Justice Remix.

Also why would one order to 4 different addresses?  Doesn't say anything about one per house, but also if you read above I discussed why I don't think these will be big flips...but what do I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website