PO: Smart Went Crazy - Con Art (reissue)

jeromium

The Washington, D.C. band's second and final album is being reissued for its 20th anniversary (released October 1997). For those unfamiliar with the band, a few members were also involved in other great D.C. bands Faraquet and Medications. If you like DC post-hardcore, check it out.

2LP on clear vinyl limited to 500 copies. Ships on or around December 15.

https://swcconart20th.bandcamp.com/

0011865145_10.jpg

Am very interested I really love 90s/2000s dischord stuff like smart went crazy, bluetip, q & not u, I feel like this is a  kinda low run cause originals fetch decent coin, I just know i should not with holiday shopping still in front of me

Edited by NapalmBrain

Pre-ordered this right away.  It's one of my favorite Dischord releases ever and a very underrated record.  I'd been searching for the original pressing for a long time, and yes, it goes for a lot and I guess it's missing a song from the CD...  so not exactly sure why I was chasing it.  Glad it's getting a formal treatment now though.

Also, members did go on to do Faraquet and Medications, but the sound of SWC is more akin to Beauty Pill, which is the group the main fellow from SWC (Chad Clark) does currently.  I would definitely suggest checking out Beauty Pill too because they're excellent.

5 hours ago, hexrecords said:

Pre-ordered this right away.  It's one of my favorite Dischord releases ever and a very underrated record.  I'd been searching for the original pressing for a long time, and yes, it goes for a lot and I guess it's missing a song from the CD...  so not exactly sure why I was chasing it.  Glad it's getting a formal treatment now though.

Also, members did go on to do Faraquet and Medications, but the sound of SWC is more akin to Beauty Pill, which is the group the main fellow from SWC (Chad Clark) does currently.  I would definitely suggest checking out Beauty Pill too because they're excellent.

This is one of my favourite Dischord release ever and i have the original, but i really hope to be able to buy this because of the remaster/color vinyl/2xLP thing. Beauty Pill are amazing too, i'm still hoping for  The Unsustainable Lifestyle vinyl press....

Edited by daniele