PO Now: Genocide Pact Order of Torment LP on Relapse

pretty sick death metal jawn up today from the bros at Relapse. Ragin' cookie monster vocals, killer drums, death death D E A T H! Colored wax looks pretty.

https://store.relapse.com/item/55123

First Press

1300 x Black Standard Gram

200 x Orange Krush and Cyan Blue Merge with Mustard and Black Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear (do not request clear)

Hailing from the lawless dominion that is our nation’s capital, GENOCIDE PACT unleash their raging sophomore full-length and Relapse debut entitled Order of Torment. Recorded by Kevin Bernsten (Full of Hell, Code Orange, Magrudergrind) in Baltimore, MD at Developing Nations and featuring cover art from the legendary Joe Petagno (Motorhead, Autopsy, Marduk, Pink Floyd), Order of Torment features eight tracks of pulverizing, relentless death metal that harkens to the greats while pushing the genre to chaotic new realms of possibility. With a thick, titanically heavy crunch that focuses on crushing groove as much as skull-splitting intensity, GENOCIDE PACT are THE death metal band to watch in 2018.

They had a record a few years ago, and a 7" and an EP. Nice to see them getting some payoff for their hard work.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/3628331-Genocide-Pact

• 1 month later...

28 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Just got shipping notice on this. I'm really looking forward to this one. I have a feeling it's going to be on a lot of top lists for 2018.

This leaked almost 2 months ago and I didn't even know it til last week.  First listen everything sounded pretty similar.  It gets better a few more in, though.